~ Chapter Twenty Three ~

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️
Guns, Violence, shooting, blood, mention of death, kidnapping and self harm.

Tae hurried into the church

Tae hurried into the church. He was running late and he prayed Sua wasn't here yet or she would have his head. He had been swamped with work and she had kindly let him off the hook from his duties. He was her "Man" of Honour. Since she had no family or friends here, she had asked Jin hyung to give her away and for Tae to be her MOH. He had been honoured to be able to stand by her side but had been completely oblivious to what the position entailed until his brothers had pointed it out to him.

But Sua being Sua had gracefully let him off the hook, saying she would manage everything with Hobi hyung who had been more than happy to help.

The hustle bustle of the wedding and its planning kept the heat off of Tae. His brothers had started to notice his melancholy and aloofness. He couldn't help it.

He was nursing a broken heart.

He missed Jia so much his chest physically ached at the thought of her, which was every other moment. The office, the work, the penthouse even his car reminded him of her.

He rubbed a finger on his chest trying to ease the familiar pain as he rushed towards the altar. Luckily Sua wasn't there yet. Yoongi hyung caught sight of him and motioned him over.

"Glad you could make it" he remarked as soon as Tae was within earshot.

"I was in a meeting that ran over" Tae huffed.

"Sit down and catch your breath. She will be here in a minute." Jimin said pointing at the chairs across the pier.

Tae walked over and slumped over a chair trying to catch his breath.

Jimin was the best man. He stood looking sharp and attentive at the altar.

Tae was proud of him. No one else was selfless enough to be a part of a wedding of the woman he was in love with. No one but Jimin was strong enough to do that.

Tae imagined himself in his position, standing as the best man as he watched Jia commit herself to another man. He felt nauseous. Never in a million years would he survive that.

He looked at Jimin again as he adjusted his tux. He looked very handsome, he deserved happiness just as much as anyone else, maybe more.

Sua stepped in with Jungkook. She was wearing a very pretty white gown. Tae knew it wasn't her wedding gown because she was saving it as a surprise for their wedding day. But this one was just as pretty.

The two of them walked up to the altar hand in hand to greet everyone. Jungkook was grinning so hard that Tae was afraid he would break his jaw.

Sua walked up to him.

"I'm glad you made it" Sua said giving him a hug. "I hope you feel better Tae, I'm worried about you. Come home with us tonight, please?"

"I'm fine, Sua" he said and she gave him a withering look. He was so used to saying that by now that it had become second nature to him. He had forgotten that he never had to pretend with Sua, she knew his heart better than he knew himself.