~ Chapter Fourteen~

"Sarangheyo"

"Sarangheyo"

Jia's heart stopped.

Stuttered.

And then galloped like never before.

Tears prickled her eyes again. He brought out emotions in her she didn't even know she was capable of.

She turned around to look at the man who had just shattered her whole world with one little word.

He was slumped back on the bench, his eyes half closed. He probably wouldn't remember anything tomorrow.

Jia sighed.

She got off the ground and walked back to him and lightly brushed his hair out of his eyes.

He moaned softly at her touch.

Her fingers trailed along his face and across his jawline. Memorising every little detail. The little mole on the corner his nose, at corner of his lower lip, on the smooth expanse of his flawless cheek.

He turned his face, snuggling into her palm. He reached out and pulled her to himself and desperately pressed his lips to hers, moaning again at the contact.

"Missed you" he whispered against her lips, sending tingles down her spine.

When his hands came up to cup her face he felt the wetness on her cheeks. He pulled back slightly to look at her questioningly.

She just shook her head at him.

"Talk to me Jia, please?" He begged.

"I'm scared Tae. I'm just so scared" she sobbed.

"Wae?" He asked softly. "Talk to me Aein" his dark eyes bore down into her soft brown ones, trying to decipher the emotion buried in them.

"I have no-one to rely on, but myself"

"You can rely on me, Jia. I will take care of you." He promised.

"No Tae. You'd hate me if you knew" the tears seemed to flow more freely now. He wouldn't remember any of this tomorrow anyway.

"I could never hate you. I love you jaagiya" he said pulling her close. She wanted to melt into his arms and forget about the impending doom.

Just one last time.

"Will you be there if something happens to me?" She asked, knowing she was being selfish in wanting him to promise something she knew he would never be able to keep. She just wanted to feel safe.

Loved.

Just for once in her life.

She didn't want to run. She wanted to stay. To put in roots. To love. To be loved.

Why him? Her heart wailed.

"Always" he promised nuzzling into her neck.

She sat there cradling him against her, her heart cracking in her chest. Her mind running in a thousand different directions.