~ Chapter Nine ~

Taehyung stepped into his den.

He turned on the light and looked around. He hadn't been in here in months, there was barely any equipment left.

He sat down on his chair and turned on his computer. At one point this room had been filled with state of the art hacking equipment.

Not anymore.

He had left that life behind.

It had been ages since he had actually done anything remotely close to serious hacking. Yet it felt familiar, sitting in this chair, watching the screen display the various softwares that he had designed himself.

He opened one of those and started entering her details from whatever he could remember reading from her CV.

Once he was done, the screen showed up various profiles from which he found her's pretty quickly. He scanned through the information on his screen.

It all seemed superficial. Fake. It looked real, of course. To the untrained eye it would look clean. All the basic information was there. Her name, her date of birth, her school, qualifications, her work history. It was all there.

But anything major that would track her roots was skilfully covered up. In the column that should hold parents name, it said orphan. He stared at it. There was nothing else. No details of an orphanage or other information on next to kin. The word 'orphan' in place of parents' names was obviously designed to emotionally melt the person looking for her.

This would fool any amateur researcher. But not the hacker in him. He knew it was fake because he had spent most of his school days designing such profiles for shady people for money. He knew where to look for markers.

An average agency wouldn't know where to start to dig because everything took him around in circles. It was smart. He smiled. Well, he was smarter.

"Let's see what is it you are trying to hide babe"
He said flexing his fingers and cracking his knuckles.

"Let the games begin"

Jia sat quietly at her desk

Jia sat quietly at her desk. She had just finished working on the presentation. She was thinking of going to the cafeteria to grab a bite when her phone tinged.

She smiled thinking of Tae.

She looked at her phone and her eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

Someone was hacking through her data. They had already broken through the firewall and was now decrypting.

She catapulted out of her chair pulling her purse behind her.

She ran out the door. A bewildered looking Gemma stood right outside.

"I'm taking an extended lunch. Something came up! Please cover for me?" Jia begged.