~ Chapter Five ~

Taehyung slammed the file on his desk. The figures didn't make sense. He had spoken to Jin hyung about it as well but the older hadn't been able to shed any more light on it than Tae had already figured out for himself. 

This project was close to their heart. It was more of a company social responsibility thing than a corporate project but it was important because of what it represented.

They were building a youth centre near Guryong slum area. It was supposed to be a safe house for young boys and girls and help them. Considering the background of him and his brothers and the way they grew up, they had decided to use their funds for a good cause. They were using the company name but the funds were pooled in from each of their private sources as well.

However considering the amount of money they had poured in, the youth centre should have been completed by now, but judging from the pictures that his men had sent him, the project was not even half done. Something didn't add up. Someone was siphoning off the money.

They obviously didn't know who they were dealing with. Yoongi Hyung would have their heads.

He needed to go take a look at things himself. But he also had a shitload of work to get through. He needed someone to drive him and also take care of some of the work.

Should he ask Han? he thought for a second before he remembered. He had a secretary now, he smacked himself on the head.

He buzzed the intercom on his desk.

"Yes?" A sultry voice answered and cleaned his mind of all thoughts for a moment.

He cleared his throat.

"Jia" was all he managed, his voice sounding breathless to his own ears.

"I'm here" she said patiently.

She had taken over her position as his secretary two weeks ago and from what he could tell so far, she was absolutely perfect at her job. She had handled everything and taken over from Gemma in a matter of days. She had organised his office, the filing system and all his appointments were scheduled perfectly.

The best part that brightened his days so much since she had joined, was the bouquet of fresh flowers on the table by the couch, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee in the air and a wonderfully detailed daily agenda on his desk when he arrived. It was more than he could have ever imagined.

If only he didn't want her so bad.

The tension between them only seemed to have escalated since their first meeting. He desperately wanted to explore it further. He had never felt so aroused in his entire life. It was like she had taken over his every thought. Anywhere else and he would have hit on her so hard she wouldn't have been able to resist but now that she had proved what an excellent employee she was, he was afraid to mess things up.

But in his heart he knew, given the opportunity, he was sure nothing in the world could get him to back down. However cliche the affair between a boss and his secretary was, he didn't care.

Jia on the other hand, had kept professional distance from him, limiting their interactions. She did not enter his office unless absolutely necessary. This put a serious damper on his mood.

So, for now, he had decided to hold back and let her take the lead, even if it frustrated the fuck out of him.

"Do you need me for something?" She prompted

I can think of a lot of things I need you for, he thought wretchedly.

"Do you drive?" He asked instead.