~ Chapter Three ~

Jia sat at a café sipping her coffee and tapping her foot impatiently as she surfed through her phone.

After a few more minutes, she laid the phone down on the table and stared at a clock on the opposite wall. The guy was late, she thought with irritation. She hated tardiness over everything else. In her world, time was of the essence, every second mattered. A moment's delay could alter a life or death situation.

Her phone buzzed, drawing her attention to it. She checked the caller ID.

Restricted.

She frowned, though it wasn't completely unusual in her line of business, she didn't like being clueless.

She answered. "Yeoboseyo?"

"My dear dear niece, how are you?" The sickly overly sweet voice of Choi Kang-dae floated into her ears.

"Samchon?" She asked, wondering why her uncle was calling her.

"Of course. Who else would it be? How are you doing, my princess?"

"I'm good, samchon. How are you?"

"Good Good. Where are you these days? I haven't heard a peep from you in months"

"I was on a job for the last three months. Now I'm in Singapore, waiting for a prospective client."

"Waiting? That's very unlike you my dear. I didn't think you waited for anyone?"

"He's late"

"Well, you should walk away. I have a job for you if you want it."

"What kind of job?"

"It will have to be a bit of a long term sort of thing, sleeper cell of sorts, you know?"

"Will it pay well?"

"Of course."

She was done waiting for this person anyway. She motioned to the server to bring her the check.
"I'll do it"

"I'll have the details sent to you then"

"Yes" she said hanging up.

She dropped cash on to the table and walked out. It was drizzling. She raised her face to the heavens. A new job was exactly what she needed. If it was long term she would need a new identity. Time to head home, she thought as she hailed a cab.

~~~~~~

Jia boarded the flight home. She quickly sent a text to her sister informing her that she was headed back to Seoul. Her little sister was the only family she had left. Eun-ji meant the world to her. There was nothing she wouldn't do for her little sister.

They had both been orphaned at an early age. Jia had been fourteen and Eun-ji had only been five years old. She had done what she could to fend for them. She had been both a mother and a father for her sister. Raising her, caring for her and putting food on the table.

When their maternal uncle had reached out and adopted them she had thought all her troubles were over but unfortunately that hadn't been the case. Choi Kang-Dae was not the familial type. He had reached out with the intention of getting them to work for him. The sixteen year old Jia had freaked out. She had finally made him a deal, offering herself completely with the condition of letting little Eun-ji go abroad. Luckily Samchon had not only taken the deal he had surprised her by offering to pay for her college. She owed him. He was not a good man, she knew but he was the only father figure in her life. Everything she knew, everything she had learnt was because of him.