~ Chapter Eight ~

Taehyung woke up in his bed at the estate to the alarm blaring from the table at his bedside. It was 5:30 am. He groaned. He pulled the covers from under him and back over his head. He didn't want to get up.

He had gotten to sleep pretty late last night. He had gone to say goodnight to Sua and had stayed up chatting with her until way past midnight.

He had never thought he would ever love anyone as much as he loved his brothers. But he did. He loved Sua like the sister he'd never had. Even when she had been unconscious, he had felt a calm come over him in her presence. He slept much better now. The nightmares weren't as frequent anymore.

Song-i had been like a sister to them all. But the limited amount of time he had spent with her meant they had never really bonded. She had spent most of her time pining after Jimin and hanging out with Jungkook.

When Sua had come into his life, she had completely transformed it. She eased his heart. Her love was as pure as her soul. She confided in him and cared for him. She had fallen head over heels in love with Jungkook and he couldn't be happier.

He sighed.

His little brother had a good heart, though he was a bit headstrong and paranoid at times.

Maybe he could spend the day home today with his family. He had missed them. He had barely been home for the last few weeks. He had spent most of his time working and slept in the penthouse on the top of the building or in Jia's apartment. He and Jin shared the penthouse, though they had their own separate wings.

All of the brothers had their own independent apartments in the city, theirs was just a tad bit more luxurious than the others.

His phone pinged and he groaned again. He was awake but he didn't want to get up, he wanted to take the day off and sleep in. But it kept nagging at the back of his mind so he reached for the phone with irritation. It disappeared the moment he saw the name on the screen.

It was a text message from Jia. His new assistant.

A slow smile spread over his lips.

In the last two weeks he had spent almost every night in her arms and in her bed.

They had tried to resist at first, trying to get back to a more professional relationship. But they had barely gotten through one day before they were tearing at each other's clothes in his office.

Thankfully, he didn't have cameras in his office or Jin hyung would have bitten his head off with a lecture on office etiquette and professionalism. He wasn't sure he would be able to completely avoid the lecture in future since he was having a full blown affair with his secretary and way the two of them were going at it, someone was bound to find out sooner or later.

After that day of mind blowing office desk sex, they had just decided to let things progress as they may and not conform to any labels or expectations.

He unlocked the phone to check her message.

Do Jia:
Your early morning call
has been rescheduled
to next week.
Rest of the day will progress
as planned.

Kim Taehyung:
Well Good Morning
to you too. 😑

Do Jia:
Good Morning
Grumpy Bear 🐻

Kim Taehyung:
I should be waking up to
spooning your sexy ass
right now, not work.

Do Jia:
And I should be asking you
to make me coffee, not be
rescheduling your appointments.
But we don't always get
what we want. 😓