Armed and Dangerous

Three weeks had gone by since our disaster of a mission. I mean really, how bad could a single mission go? Got my ass kicked, got made a handicable, and ginger boy lost his favorite sleep paralysis demon to a nerd that won't stop touching his glasses. I miss anything?

I haven't wasted my time though, I've been scheming with Itachi for a replacement arm. Lady Miho, the old bag of sand and queen puppet bitch herself, heard I defended Garra and set to work immediately on making me a new dick beater. Today I'm supposed to go pick it up.

I groaned as I sat up in bed and swung my legs over the side. Dull pain coursed through my limbs at the sudden movement, apparently rapidly firing off Chakra heavy techniques can strain your chakra pathways, which sucks. It kinda feels like having sunburn on sore muscles pulsing through my body, at least my left hand wasn't hurt.

I got up as my stomach growled and walked into the kitchen to get some protein in me, thankfully this place had a fridge.

I opened the door and was greeted by the same shit as yesterday. Milk, a half dozen eggs, a couple empty water bottles, and my decaying arm. "Hi arm, I miss you."

It, of course, didn't answer. Choosing instead to lie on the top shelf with three of the fingers taped down to flip the bird.

I grabbed the milk and eggs and got to work, can't be getting a new arm on an empty stomach.
__________________________

"Chakra infused steel armor plating over the forearm and knuckles, copper wiring, a crystal replica Chakra pathway, defensive-,"

"This thing get Bluetooth?" I asked, interrupting the elderly woman. She sputtered and I continued, "kidding. I'm grateful. Not only does it feel nearly like my old arm, it looks fucking sick. What do I owe you?"

It was her turn to scoff, "You think you could afford that, hmm?  What I have crafted for you, would be considered a national treasure by any nation. I've been working with the Kazekage to create weapons to keep up with konoha after the chunin exams. It was clear we had to evolve or be left in the dust.... now.... this akatsuki thinks it can steal from us. It is in our best interest to strengthen their enemies. No. I will not take payment, just kill the one that hurt Garra."

"Lady... whether you'd given me the arm or not, I fully planned on shoving my lightning covered fist right up his ass." Lady Miho grinned at that. I shook the new arm out. I could kinda feel it, which was weird, but it was fainter. Like further away in my mind.

She was putting tools away when she spoke again, "That arm is unique, the first working prototype in a line of permaprosthetic weapon/ limbs. Yours is equipped with a blade that folds out of the forearm and a projectile based canon in the arm as well. Pull the finger for the blade, bull the thumb for the canon. The canon is lined with seals that gather air and hypercompress it to fire steel ball bearings at well over the speed of sound. You'll get two charges a day out of it."

That... that was actually pretty fucking sick. How many times am I gonna pull a pull my finger joke? Yes.

"Can I go test it?" I asked her, she chuckled, "I'd be offended if you didn't," she replied.

"By the way... where is your other arm?" She asked curiously.

I chuckled picturing the poor cleaning lady that finds my arm in the fridge.
_______________________________

It wasn't long before I was at a training ground with Naruto. He was bouncing on his heels, "You sure you don't want me to hold back? I wouldn't wanna break your new toy."

I flipped him off with my new arm. Then he blurred towards me with an overhead kick that I blocked with the forearm of my new arm.

He used the impact to flip and rush back in, throwing a barrage of punches I had to back up and block. I took a blow to the chin and realized I was only blocking with the prosthetic, focusing too much on it instead of everything I had at my disposal.

Naruto kept pressing his attack but I closed distance and wrapped him up, then slammed him bodily into the ground I reared my fist back and tried to clobber the blonde but missed and got kicked back for my trouble.

I grabbed my forefinger and pulled, the was a sharp clink as a straight blade extended over my fist. It was about as long as my forearm but very thin and razor sharp.

Naruto put on his knuckleduster knife and was grinning ear to ear as we rushed each other.

We attacked each other in what could only be described as a dance of sparks and metal on metal clashes that were deafening to the two of us.

I went for a stab, only for Naruto to catch it on the blade of his knuckleduster.

He went for a slash, only for me to sidestep or block with the durable arm.

The sun had gone down considerably when we stopped clashing.