16~ Training/His Mate

Nylein

"Again, Nylein."

I slowly shook my head and swallowed some much needed breath that I had lost. "I can't go any farther, master... I'm exhausted..." I collapsed into the snow onto my hands and knees. When my master said he'd be working me, he really meant it. I've been training non-stop ever since Nathan and I completed our mating, which was a whole week ago.

"We've only been at this for seven hours." He sighed and shifted his weight from one foot to the other. "You've had ample breaks and I made sure to feed you. We'll go for another hour, then you can go rest for the day."

"I don't think I can move another inch..." I breathed out as my arms grew shaky. All day, we've been working on my sense of hearing to strengthen it, as well as working on all my clairs, as well as working on my close combat fighting if the time ever called for it.

My master sighed and walked over to me, the crunch of the snow stopping beside me. "Alright, Nylein. We'll stop for the rest of the day. Tomorrow, we'll spend our time in the library. Apparently, this pack has some useful books that we can look through to help strengthen our spells." He helped me to my feet and guided me back towards the pack house.

I borrowed my master's sight and saw that Nathan was watching us as we entered the house. He always watches over me as I train. He looks like he wants to help me, but my master already put him in his place for that.

Last week, after my first day of intense training, Nathan decided to come and help me. My master ended up sending him right into a tree, saying that if he tried to come near me again without his permission, it would be a lot worse.

He's punishing us both. Me for going against my promise, and Nathan for allowing me to mark him.

Master helped me into my bed and covered me with the blankets. "Get some rest. I'll be back for you for dinner." I didn't even get to respond. I was too exhausted to do even that.

This whole week has been nothing but training. I hope it's done soon, because I don't know how much longer I can stand it before my limbs fall off. This punishment is worse than when I accidentally tampered with his potion. It was supposed to be used to help my master fall into a deep slumber so he could see far into the future for something.

I was only six. The potion smelled weird, so I put in some mint leaves to make it smell better. When he drank from it, it took him three weeks to come off the energy high he was experiencing. After sleeping for three days, he made me clean the entire cottage we were staying in at the time.

I smiled at the memory, then fell asleep. My dream was a normal one. I wasn't experiencing some catastrophic event that could kill someone. I didn't see years into the future.

I saw my younger self. I saw myself tampering with the potion and having a great time watching my master acting crazy as the energy flowed through him for three weeks.

~~~~

"Okay," A loud thump sounded in front of me and I jumped a bit. "I found several spell books that have been in this pack house for generations. Some were in the restricted part of the library while the others I had to convince Nathan's dad to hand over to us. We have nine books at our disposal. I'll give you four and I'll take the other five. Memorize. Tomorrow, we train with this new knowledge."

I nodded and opened a book. Wynda hopped into my lap and trained her sight on the books so I could read. There were many interesting spells I never even heard of. Most were potion spells, while others were element related. I focused heavily on the fire spells, since it's my affinity.