39~ Five Years Later

Nylein

"Mommy!" I looked up and saw through Wynda's eyes as Korah raced into the library and stop before me. "Mommy, daddy needs to see you. He says it's really important he speaks to you now."

I nodded and gave her a quick hug. "Alright, tell daddy I'll be right there. I just need to finish with this lesson."

"Okay." She turned and raced off.

Someone chuckled. "Kids are so full of energy."

I sighed to myself and shook my head a bit. "And she has a twin brother just like her." He laughed.

"Anyway," I shut Rivone's journal. "Since Rivone's academy was taken over by the Wolf Elders, no Sorcerer was able to set foot in it for fear of being killed. But since I talked with the Elders about six years ago, we've been able to train the next generation of Sorcerers. The main reason you are all here is to become strong enough to defend your pack once Frolyn appoints you as a full fledged Sorcerer."

"How many Sorcerers are there?" A woman asked.

I thought for a second. "Just in this pack, we trained about two hundred potential Sorcerers. I've kept in touch with each and every one of them and they are also training their own batch of Sorcerers. If I had to guess, we're getting close to at least a thousand Sorcerers."

"Wow..." The group awed as I stood.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to see what my mate needs." I waved my hand and the books I had been reading from went back to their shelf that was built specifically for them. "Frolyn and Leon will be waiting for you at the training field."

"Wait!" I stopped and looked over my shoulder. Wynda focused on the person. "You talk about Rivone as if you know him. Why is that?"

I grinned. "He's my ancestor." With that, I strode out of the library, my cloak billowing out behind me. I love seeing the apprentices' reactions when I tell them that Rivone is an ancestor of mine. I love seeing the shock and wonder to know they are speaking to one who has a direct line to the very person who gave us all our powers.

I sent Wynda off and disconnected my sight from her. I headed to Nathan's office, knowing exactly where I am from memory. I didn't bother to knock and entered the office.

I borrowed Nathan's sight as he looked up and smiled. "You needed to speak with me?" I watched through his eyes as my three children quickly raced over to me to hug me.

"Mom, we're going on a trip!" Jasper said with a huge grin.

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow at Nathan as they continued to speak excitedly.

"Yeah!" Korah held my leg tighter. "Daddy says he has to meet with someone and he wants to take us with him!"

"Is that so?" I knelt down to their level.

"Can I bring my toys?" Felix asked and I laughed.

"Of course." I stood and ruffled their hair. "I'll help you guys pack for this trip later. Run along to your rooms and I'll be right there. Daddy and I need to talk things over."

"Okay!" They quickly raced off.

I sighed and placed my hands on my hips. "A trip, huh?"

He nodded. "A pack from Oregon called me the other day and asked that we go up to meet him. Apparently, he's having some issues with Rogues and his Sorcerer can't see when they attack."

I held back a gasp. "Well, that's not good. And you need me to go with you so I can figure out what's wrong?"

"Exactly." He stood from his chair and came to stand in front of me. "From what he told me, his Sorcerer has been having a ton of headaches lately and is having weird muscle spasms."