38~ Twins

38~ Twins

Nylein

It's been about a week since I found out I was pregnant with with Korah and Felix. Since that day, I haven't had any other instances where I nearly fall over from using my magic. It's a bit worrisome. Every day, I feel to make sure they are still growing strong.

Each time, everything checks out alright.

Since the twins aren't taking my magic power as often as I predicted, it's gotten so much easier to hide this from Nathan. I want to tell him, but I don't know how he'll react. I know he'll be ecstatic at first, but the second he realizes I am in greater danger because of the Rogues, I will most likely be babied and watched twenty-four seven. I might not even be able to help the apprentices.

Speaking of which... I quickly spun and blocked an attack with a fire shield. The person attacking me winced. "Damn! This challenge is harder than I thought it would be!"

I grinned at Gage. "Don't worry. You guys can get it! You only have three more days."

He groaned. "There's no way we can do it! Even with our numbers, none of us have landed a single hit on you guys!"

I giggled and gave his shoulder a light pat. "Just keep trying." I walked off, leaving him to try and think of a new strategy plan.

A few days ago, we gave the apprentices a challenge. The reward for said challenge was an entire book on their affinity and other potions. All they had to do was knock out one of us. Only three apprentices would get this reward.

In the week timeline we gave them, no one has managed to land a single hit. Bedrooms and meals were off limits. Everywhere else was free game.

Nathan was against it at first, but after some convincing, he reluctantly agreed, saying I had to be careful. I accepted his terms. He doesn't need to worry, though. At the rate the apprentices are going, maybe one person will get the reward.

I rounded a corner and instantly extended my senses. I never know when someone could come at me.

Nothing. I kept them extended, just in case. I entered the kitchen for a small snack and sighed as I leaned against the counter. I bit into an apple and relaxed. Since I'm eating, none of the apprentices can get me.

Speaking of which... "Hello, Allie."

She swore. "I forgot you can see with your senses."

I snickered as I swallowed. "Don't even try. Your brother already failed."

"You know, using your senses is kinda cheating." I heard the pout in her voice.

"Frolyn and Leon are doing the same thing," I said. "They're on high alert since I made this challenge. Though, Frolyn is usually easy to spook when he's super engrossed in a book."

"Really?" I knew she was grinning madly. "On a completely unrelated topic, when does he usually go to the library?"

"Right after lunch." I stated as I took another bite.

"Okay!" The excitement was rolling off her in waves. "I'll see you later, Master Nylein!" She scampered off. I chuckled to myself. I hope she doesn't rat me out.

I finished my apple and sighed. All of them are doing so well in their training. I'm so proud of them. I never expected I'd ever get to this point in my life. Of course, I expected to be much older and not have children. Beggars can't be choosers.

I smiled to myself and pushed away from the counter. It's been so nice outside. I think I'll spend the day with Jasper outside. I made my way to the daycare, not once encountering anyone on my way.