34~ Conquering Blindness

Nylein

"Nylein, I've been wondering something," Elliot suddenly said as we sat down for a small break.

"Hm?" I asked as I laid down in the grass, my hair and cloak spreading out around me.

"When will we get a cloak?" I sat up at his question. "I mean, you, Master Frolyn, and Master Leon all have a cloak. I was just wondering when we'd all get one."

I scratched at the side of my head. "You know, I never thought about that until now. Frolyn?"

He hummed to himself. "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt for them all to have one. It'll take a while to make you all one, since we'll need quite a bit of fabric. Plus, we'll have to find the exact shade of green. It helps us blend in better."

"Except during the winter." Leon muttered to himself.

"It's more for warmth than stealth in the winter." Frolyn stated firmly. "In any case, you all will be getting a cloak. It will just take a while to be made. But you should all have one before the winter gets too cold." Excited whispers surrounded us.

"Alright, I think we've had a long enough break." I heard Frolyn stand. "Let's get back to work. We're going to move on a bit to see how you guys can do with your clairs."

I stood and extended my senses. I found Gage's energy and tapped his shoulder. He took my hand and I pulled him aside. "You ready?" I asked him.

"Yes," We went to the edge of the field and sat down. "What do I have to do?"

"Right now we're just going to focus on you extending your senses." I explained. "It's honestly not that hard to do. All you have to do is relax your mind and allow your other senses to expand and take in everything they can. They're stronger, and they are able to help you see in a way."

I heard him take a deep breath and slowly let it out. I extended my senses and watched his energy slowly expand.

"That's it," I encouraged him. "Just like that. Now, tell me how many people are moving at this very moment."

He grunted softly. "There's... seven people moving. No, eight. They're adjusting their positions to relax better."

"Very good." I nodded and stood. "I'm going to Flit around you. I need you to tell me where I am and about how many paces away from you I am. I'll start close and we'll see how far you can go."

"I'll try." He took another breath and I went behind him. "You're about three paces behind me... Now you're about two paces on my left. Three to my right. Now you're behind me to my right about four paces." Slowly, I began to move farther back from him.

At ten paces, he called out to me. "Nylein, I can't see you." I was about to reply when hands suddenly snaked around my waist and another around my mouth. I tried to call out, but it was very muffled.

"Nylein?" How the hell did I not detect them?! "Nylein, where are you?" No! Stay back! Don't come closer! The one holding me began to pull me back. I tried to fling my hands out to blast him with fire, but he kept my hands to my side, so if I tried, I'd only be hitting myself.

I quickly linked for Nathan, hoping he'd get here soon. "Get the boy." A gruff voice said in my ear. "Two for the price of one. How lucky are we?" He chuckled as my eyes slowly began to droop. The cloth he had to my nose had something on it. I could feel my consciousness fading as I fought to get away.

"Damn, this stuff takes longer than it does in the movies!" The one stated as my movements started to slowly weaken.

"Nathan, please..." I linked to him once more. "Hurry... Rogues are taking Gage and I..." Everything started to grow fuzzy and my limbs were heavy.