4~ Clairaudience

4~ Clairaudience

Nylein

I was watching through a squirrel's eyes as he gathered up some nuts for the coming colder months. He scurried around from ground to tree, to bush, to tree. His home was up in that tree he kept running to.

He suddenly stopped and glanced around. He sniffed the air, then darted under a berry bush. My master was returning from his trip he took somewhere. He's been doing this everyday for the past month. He says it's for preparation. He's taking our escape route and timing it in case the Wolves came earlier than planned.

Since that Uncontrolled Vision, none of us have had another, and it's starting to worry us. For a full month, there has been no follow-up Vision for what I saw.

It's either something good...

Or something bad is being blocked from our sight.

I watched through the squirrel's eyes as my master left his line of vision. He waited a few more minutes before he went back to gathering his food. He's hoarding; it's going to be a cold winter.

"That's enough, Nylein," I closed the connection between the squirrel and I and put my crystal ball back on my necklace. "I have to say, your Clairvoyance is very strong. It still boggles my mind that you were able to most nearly master it in just a month's time."

I shrugged and picked at my shirt Leon was letting me wear. "It just comes so naturally to me... I'm just glad I'm able to control what sight I borrow. I still have a minor hiccup every now and then, but more practice will have me perfecting that."

"That's the spirit." I could hear the smile in his voice as he spoke. His feet sounded across the floor as he came to sit beside me. "Do you think you're ready for Clairaudience?"

I thought for a moment. "Yeah, I can try it."

"Good," He placed a light hand on my shoulder. "I have Leon outside at the moment scouting the area. Try listening in on him."

"Okay..." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I strained my hearing. Soon, I could hear feet slapping pavement.

"Nathan!" A voice called, out of breath. "Nathan, wait up! I have a status report."

"Status report?" Nathan, the one's whose hearing I borrowed, questioned. "What is it, Alron?"

Alron, the one who ran up to Nathan, took a huge breath to calm his breathing after running. "I can't say here; too many people." Soon, I could hear feet walking.

"Nylein?" I quickly hushed him.

A door opened after a while, then shut tightly. "What is it, Alron?"

Alron spoke. "You see, Nathan, my men and I have discovered recent activity near the portal. Instead of the barrier being red and inactive, it's slowly turning to a pink color."

"Pink?" Nathan questioned.

"I know!" A heavy book slammed on a desk and the pages were turned. "I've been studying up on the Sorcery magic and whatnot. Turns out, if a portal has been inactive for some time, it will take close to three months to get it up and running again. Pink means it's about half done. When it turns blue, it means a Sorcerer can come through at any moment."

Hands clapped together. "That's fantastic! We'll be seeing those Sorcerers soon. Oh, I can already feel my claws ripping deep into their-" I quickly broke the connection with a gasp of fear.

"We can't go through that portal!" I shouted at my master. "The Wolves of that area know where the exit is and they'll be waiting for us so they can end our lives!" I sobbed. "I don't want to die!"