17~ Finding Nylein

17~ Finding Nylein

Nathan

I paced three steps by three steps, running my hands through my hair, tearing a few out by the roots. "There has to be away we can find her!" I said desperately. "She can't be out there by herself! There's so many rogues! What if she crossed into another pack's territory that we didn't reach?! She'd be captured! Maybe killed! Frolyn, do something!" I ran over to him and shook his shoulders.

He shoved me off him. "I'm doing the best I can!" He snapped. "Do you have any idea how hard it is to find someone who doesn't want to be found? She left for a good reason! Had you just listened to what we said, she wouldn't have left!"

"But I was worried for her safety..." I stepped away from him and began pacing once more. "Nikon was surfacing and he had more control than I did at the time... I wanted to listen, but he wouldn't have it... When she left..." A sharp pain ran through my chest, right where the mark was. I winced and grabbed at it.

"We'll find her." Leon assured as he held Alyssa close to him. "Don't worry. When she left, she didn't put up her Mist. I bet if you tried hard enough, you could find her."

I shook my head, still pacing. I swear I'm wearing a hole in the carpet of the living room. "I tried. When she blocked me, she also blocked her scent. I can't catch a whiff of it. What if she's gone for good?"

"I've got her." I dug my heels in and snapped my head over to Frolyn. His face was scrunched up, deep in thought. "It's very faint, but I know approximately where she is. She's heading towards Canada. I can't tell what province, but I know it's Canada."

"Where?!" Leon and a few of my pack members kept me back, afraid I might accidentally break something. "Where in Canada?! I have to know! I have to get to her before something happens to her! Just give me a road or something to follow! Please!"

"Nathan, I don't know!" He spun and faced me, his eyes wild and bloodshot. "I have no fucking clue as to where she is because she's also blocking me out! I was only able to get that very small glimpse of her because she let her guard slip for a second! Once it was back up, it was gone! I can't help anymore!" With that, he strode out of the room, his cloak billowing angrily behind him.

I shook them off of me and went for the front door. "That's enough information to attempt to find her."

"Nathan, wait." Alron stood in my path, his hands resting on my shoulders. "You're in no condition to leave the pack house and stay sane. I'll take a few warriors with me and we'll bring her back."

I shook my head and went to push around him. "You need to be here for when your mate arrives."

"You're not walking away from this!" He got in my path again, his eyes narrowed. "Listen to me, Nathan. You're not sane enough to find her. You'll be heading out on a rampage, breaking everything in your path. Hell, you might even accidentally kill a different pack member on your journey! We don't need war on our hands! Let me go with a few warriors. If luck allows it, we'll be back by dinner tomorrow."

I stared hard into his eyes before I sighed in defeat. He was right. "Fine. Bring her back. I'll tell Amara that you got called away or something. Bring my Nylein back safely."

"Will do." He gave my shoulder a pat, then jogged from the living room and up the stairs two at a time.

"Please let her be safe..." I whispered to myself as I clutched at my hair. I let my gaze wander around the room and I found myself to be alone. With a low groan, I collapsed onto the couch. Why did I have to lose my cool back there? Why didn't I push Nikon back and listen?

"I'm so sorry, Nylein..." I whispered as I ran my hands down my face. My ears perked up a bit when I heard the front door close. Alron barked out a few orders and soon they were heading out. I should be looking for my mate. I should be out there to bring her back. It should be me bringing her home safely; not them.