9~ Rivone

9~ Rivone

Nathan

I punched my wall hard. Damn it! I left her there! I can't believe I left her in my dream! She warned me about it! But my stupid father had to wake me up! Right as she was setting the last of her clothes down! I was so close to seeing her naked! So close!

I growled and punched my wall once more, leaving a gaping hole. I glared at it, then stalked out of the room.

"Nathan!" I shuddered at the sudden high pitched voice behind me. "Nathan, wait up!"

I spun around and growled in the back of my throat, making Elise stop dead in her tracks. "What the fuck do you want? I told you a thousand times that I don't want you as my mate! I already have one! She's out there somewhere and I have to find her!"

I was suddenly pinned against the wall, her hands dangerously low on my waist. "I know. It's that Sorceress. But, Nathan..." She said my name with a pout. "She won't be any good to you... But I will." I snatched up her wrists just as she grabbed my zipper.

I backed her away from me and pressed her tight on the opposite wall, making sure there was distance between our lower halves in case anyone walked in on us. "Listen here, Elisianna. I don't want you. I never wanted you. I want my mate! Your future Luna! You are to respect her, am I understood? I don't want you coming on to me anymore. I don't like it."

I released her, fixed my zipper, then left her alone in the hall.

"You will be mine!" She shouted from behind me. "I'll see to it!" My eyes scrunched shut and my fist connected with the wall beside me. I let her rant on behind me, not giving a fuck as to what she had to say. I seriously hope she finds her mate... I'm sick and tired of her thinking we were meant to be together! Her mate will set her straight.

I looked up from my feet and found myself at the pack library. I haven't been in here since I was ten. I shrugged and walked in, shutting the door behind me in case Elise was following me. There was maybe two or three people in here right now in our three story library, all of it open concept.

I wandered around, not caring where I went. Soon, I found myself at the back of the library on the third floor. How did I get up here? I glanced around at the old, weathered books. Some of the leather binding was disintegrating off the books. They'll have to be rebound at some point.

Something caught my eye. Something that doesn't belong. I slowly paced over to it, picking up the glossy black book. The leather seemed brand new, like it had never been opened once. I turned it over, thinking it was some trick, or it was rebound. There was no sign of it being altered.

"That's odd..." I turned it back to the front to see that it wasn't titled. That made me even more intrigued. What could be in here? I ran my fingers lightly over the fresh leather, not sure if I should open it or not. I chewed on the inside of my cheek, unsure. I want to know what's in this, but I'm not sure if I should.

I glanced around, seeing that I was alone in this section of the library. I spotted a bean bag chair and went to sit in it as I thought about reading this out of place book. I must have been in this section a millions times, but I've never seen this book.

I sat in the bean bag chair and stared intently at the book, it's smooth surface begging me to open it and read it. To read what secrets it could hold. My fingers touched the corner of the leather cover and turned it open. It opened like one of those brand new books that have never been touched, the slight crinkle of fresh leather and binding.

June, 1502 Was titled on the far left side. It's a journal...

I have discovered this new and great power. I have never seen such great power before. Sure, I've heard of the Witches and Warlocks that could be roaming here, but their "magic" is nothing compared to what I've found. The power... The glorious power... I'm not sure how to use it. It's hard to control; it gets out of hand some times. This is the third place I've moved to since the burning of my third home back in London. I hope I can stay longer in this new place, Scotland.