24~ My Turn

24~ My Turn

Nylein

"Nathan, no!" I smacked his shoulder.  "How many times do I have to tell you not to move! You still can't shift and you're still trying to recover!"

"But it's so boring in the pack house!" He whined like a two year old and crossed his arms stubbornly. "I wanna go outside and run! I'm bored!"

I glared at him and proceeded to straddle his lap. "The pack house is boring, huh?" His hands instantly went to my waist. "What makes it so boring?"

He gave a soft moan. "I take it back. I never wanna leave the pack house again."

I took his hands from my waist and pinned them to the headboard. "You didn't answer my question. What makes this place boring, Nathan?"

I could feel him reacting to this. "N-not being able to go outside... It's been so long..."

I rolled my eyes. "It's only been just over a day since my master finished making sure your mind can start healing properly. You'll have to live with staying inside for another six days."

"But that's so long..." I kept a firm hold over his wrists, keeping his hands in place. "I wanna go outside now and be with you... Just the two of us. Alone. Uninterrupted."

"Nathan-"

"Luna!" I quickly jumped off Nathan and faced Alron. "A couple Rogues are closing in!"

I gave a firm nod. "I'll be right there." He took off.

"Let's go."

"Oh, no!" I shoved Nathan back onto the bed. "You aren't healed enough! You'd only get in the way! You can't shift and you're still weak!"

"Weak?" He growled.

"Yes!" I heard him stand and quickly pushed him back onto the bed. "I wouldn't be able to do this if you were at your full strength!" I pushed him again. "Nathan, stay down. I'll take care of this."

"But you're still injured, too!" He protested as I shoved him back onto the bed. "And you're pregnant with our child! I have to protect you!"

I hopped back on him and held him down. "You've protected me so many times. Now it's my turn." I lightly kissed his lips, then quickly left the room.

"Oh, Nylein, I-"

"Keep Nathan in the room." I jabbed a finger into my master's chest, then raced down the hall, not needing to borrow someone's sight.

I made it to the back of the house in just over thirty seconds. "What's the plan, Luna?" Alron asked.

I shut my eyes and let my vision flicker to animals in the distance. About two miles out, I found a bird take off as the Rogues ran for us. "About two miles to our north west, there are four, maybe five Rogues coming. It's a small number, so we should be able to take them out easy."

I borrowed Alron's sight. He jumped a bit at the sudden Connection. "Alron, face the group and stand by me. Alright, I want you five to take on the Rogues while the rest of you run back-up and watch for other Rogues that might try to sneak past us."

"And what will you do, Luna?" One of the warriors asked.

"I'll be a distraction." I replied.

"A... distraction?" Alron questioned what I said as he turned to face me. "And, how will you do that, Luna?"

I watched myself look up at him. "The rogues want me, right? They'll only be focused on me, meaning they won't be focused on fighting. I will stand out in the open and act as a distraction."