32~ Encrypted Message

Nylein

I tapped my finger against the table, unsure what to do. Since the meeting with the Alphas, I have been given full permission to start recruiting humans who might have a glimmer of magic in them. They wouldn't know for themselves. They'd only get the feeling that they felt different than others. But given this day and age, nearly everyone feels that way.

It'll be nearly impossible to reach out to them. I have to find a way to make it discrete, but obvious to those who do have the gift of being a Sorcerer. I can't just walk up to someone and ask them if they think they can do spells and magic. One, it's stupid. Two, it's risky. I don't know how people of today will react to magic.

"Morning, Nylein." I sighed and thunked my head my head on the table. "Still stumped?"

I nodded. "I don't know how to reach out to people..."

Frolyn chuckled and rubbed his hand on my back. "It's alright, Nylein. When an idea comes to you, we'll discuss it. It's not like we can post a message somewhere that says 'Come here if you think you're a Sorcerer!' People will think it's a joke and not come, or we'll get the crazy people."

He kept speaking, but I wasn't listening to him. A sign that says to come here... but no one can read it unless they have even an ounce of magic in them!

"Frolyn, you're a genius!" I leaped up from the chair and raced to Nathan's office. I hit the door, not expecting it to be closed. I fumbled with the doorknob for a few seconds before I threw it open.

"Nylein, what's going on?" I pushed Nathan in his roller chair out of the way and reached for a drawer. I grabbed a sheet of paper, borrowed his sight for two seconds to make sure it was blank, then grabbed a marker off his desk before I ran from the room once more. I barely heard him mutter to himself as I shut the door once more.

I nearly tripped down the stairs, but I made it back to the kitchen in one piece. I flung myself into my seat beside Frolyn and borrowed his sight. He watched me write on the paper.

"Nylein, what are you doing?" He asked as I finished writing what I wanted.

"Just watch." I waved my hand over the paper. The writing didn't change. Now to test it. "Nathan, I need you!"

He was at my side in an instant. "What is it?! What's wrong?! What was that back in my office?! What's going on?!"

I grinned up at him. "I think I found a way to contact the people who don't know they're Sorcerers yet!"

I watched through Frolyn as Nathan raised an eyebrow at me. "How? You can't just post a message somewhere that gives my address."

"Frolyn thought the same thing, but I did just that!" I held the paper up to him. "Here, read this!"

He took the paper from me with a shake of his head. "It says, 'We Are All Alive Today, Tomorrow, and for the Future.' Nylein, what are you getting at? I thought you said you put our address on here?"

"It worked!" I took the paper and gave it to Frolyn. "Read it! Read it!"

His eyes widened. "It says, 'If You Can Read This, It Means You Are Special and You Must Explore Your Abilities.' The pack address is then written underneath the message. Nylein, you're brilliant!"

"It doesn't say that!" Nathan took the paper back. "It's just an inspirational quote you just came up with."

I poked his arm. "That's what the humans will think. You see, if we put this sign up, only the humans will see them. But the ones who have even the slightest hint of being a Sorcerer in them, they'll be able to see through it and know where to go! We just have to put this message up on every billboard across the world, in airports, New York, anywhere we can spread this! It must be available in every language so anyone can see it!"