CH-1: New Beginnings

Support me on Patreón.

Patreón:Darkwolfest

- - - - -
Darkness.

Endless absolute infinite darkness.

That's what I'm staring into, if anybody envisioned this world of no light, I'm sure they would presume it as cold and cramped but to be frank this is on the contrary, I feel warm and cozy like a blanket of morning sunshine wrapped around my body.

I don't remember for how long I've been gazing at this void, it could have been eons or just a few hours, light is not a factor here and it's messing with my perception of time.

During this period of floating around in this emptiness the only company I had were my thoughts, the occasional whimpers of muffled voices and the ever frozen dark matter.

If people really think about it, nobody is afraid of being alone in the darkness, they are afraid of 'not' being alone in the darkness.

I'm sure the thoughts of people with Nihiliphobia would go insane if they were in my place, to be stuck in this nothingness will be their worst nightmare.

Even I might have gone crazy if not for the voices and my mind repeating my memories like a marathon series.

The last thing I remember before I ended up in this, whatever exactly this is. I was driving back home after my super boring day at the college.

I remember turning my car at the corner of my street, I knew that road a bit too well, I have been in that place for quite some time, two years to be exact and I'm fairly certain about its traffic.

It was a peaceful and quiet neighborhood and I'm damn sure a truck shouldn't be in that premise, it just doesn't have any sort of relevance but still a big ass truck came out of nowhere and smashed into my car.

No calling it big is off putting that monster, it was gigantic and looked like something out of this world, no idea who and why someone manufactured that beast but fuck it, anyway, moving on.

The car was thrown away from the road, where it flipped twice before it came to halt. Once I came out of the initial shock from the impact, I found myself hanging upside down with blood smeared over my face.

I didn't know what happened after that, I was blanked out, then I was here but if I'm right about the things I decoded from the muffled voices, yes I didn't have anything better to do and decided to debrief the contents, which leads me to believe I'm in a hospital.

A coma was one of the many things I was expecting my case to be.

I even have plans to write a book called 'How I stared into literal nothingness for a eon' if I ever get out of this mess.
Like somebody reading my mind, for the first time since I came here, I heard a clear noise.

It was the sound of a snap of fingers which was followed by the illumination of the black void. A wave of yellow lustre filled the emptiness and I felt my existence getting pulled out of this darkness.

My eyes darted open making me realize that I was not dead and still alive, which kinda meant the same thing.

Slowly my mind started to clear up, all those thoughts I had in the void became a nightmare at the back of my head and when all the clarity hit and the senses settled in, I got control over my body but it was weird, I felt totally different, so weak with an unnatural amount of oddness.

'Oh god.'

I blinked gazing at the unfamiliar ceiling, tilting my head with a bit of a struggle, I looked down at the array of tubes inserted into my nostrils and taped to my mouth, I wasn't able to look at anything other than that as my neck painfully gave out.

I stretched my arm bearing the pain to find the emergency button but it was deemed unnecessary as I heard a door open.

A lady in a standard nurse uniform entered the room. I waited with hope in my heart that she would take a look at me but instead she was going around the room taking notes from the monitors connected to the multitude of wires attached to my body.

I had enough of waiting and tried to call her, a word was what I attempted to say, however Instead what came out of my mouth was similar to a dry cough, it felt as if my tongue and throat was being scraped hard by a sharp claw.