CH-25: Enter The Cat

If you want to read up to 15+ chapters ahead go to my Patreón: Darkwolfest.
-------

The grandeur of the historic place unfolded before me, its breathtaking beauty captivating my senses.

Fox, exuding an air of confidence and prosperity, accompanied me. His chest puffed up with pride, he clutched a sleek, fashionable cane in his hand, a sleek silver fox head was adorned in its top as a symbolic representation of his criminal moniker.

The place pulsed with life as elegantly dressed individuals adorned in sleek formal attire filled its grand halls.

Gorgeous women in chic, form-fitting dresses and men exuding charm in their tailored tuxedos created a vibrant spectacle.

Conversations floated through the air, wordlessly exchanged between intriguing figures, while glasses clinked, and the soft hum of laughter reverberated throughout the British museum.

This particular evening witnessed a vivacious ambiance, lending an air of sophistication and excitement to the prestigious venue.

Fox and I found a secluded corner away from the dazzling spotlight of the grand themed party.

His gaze fixated on a middle-aged man engaged in conversation with a group of women on an elegant couch.

"You see that guy over there?" Fox whispered, his eyes lingering on the man.

"Yeah." I replied eagerly, awaiting his next words.

"That's Tyler Stone, Vice President of Alchemax." Fox explained, taking a sip from a passing waiter's tray. "He's a renowned art collector, fashion enthusiast, and a narcissistic elitist. Guys like him are perfect marks for a con job."

"Is he our target?" I asked, a grin spreading across my face.

"Not quite. We're here for reconnaissance." Fox clarified, a mischievous smile playing on his lips. "Events like these are where art collectors come to flaunt their secret treasures and hidden artifacts."

"Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you to the London Museum of Collected History." The museum manager's voice boomed over the microphone, capturing everyone's attention. The room fell silent as he continued, "I thank each and every one of you for joining us tonight for this special Halloween event. To mark the occasion, we have prepared a gallery that will delight your senses. Please, enjoy."

With a wave of his hand, the manager signaled for the curtain to be raised, revealing a Halloween-themed gallery within the museum.

Fox and I discreetly joined the crowd, making our way inside the mesmerizing, monster-themed exhibition.

"Let's take a look." Fox whispered, and we subtly followed the flow of people into the gallery.

"The famous leather paintings of Egypt from 275 BC." The guide announced, captivating the crowd's attention as they gazed at the life-sized pyramid painting depicting Egyptian gods.

"Come this way." Fox gestured, leading me to an empty hallway, away from the bustling crowd.

"Where are we headed?" I inquired, adjusting the snug suit I was wearing.

"The Victorian gallery." Fox replied, guiding me toward the far end of the museum.

The Victorian section was a treasure trove, adorned with armored knights, ornate swords, fragile books, and colonial artifacts. My eyes widened with awe and a sense of adventure, feeling a bit like Indiana Jones in that moment.

"Wow, this place is incredible." I exclaimed, marveling at the various ancient jewels displayed before me.

"Absolutely." Fox agreed, his gaze fixated on a Chinese calligraphy poster. I joined him, admiring the elegant black ink strokes.