CH-36: An Old Bàstard

I placed myself in the center of the event, where I could scan the premises without much trouble, Felicia standing beside with a wary gaze at each individual while Fox had penetrated the ranks of the waiters and gone out of our views, probably working behind the scenes to set the stage.

I looked around, there was food being served near the back, waiters with snacks and drinks, a band playing soft classical music off to one corner and in the very center was a large circular podium with a mic placed on it.

My gaze fell on the people surrounding it. Some of them I knew and many more I didn't, a handful of celebrities and supermodels whom I suppose came as the date for the rich guys flirting with them, the woman broke out a few chuckles out of compulsion but nothing more.

There were the occasional scientists that were out of place, they stood out extremely well but not in a good way, their lazily steamed suits gave a perfect reflection of their fashion sense.

"Tyler." Felicia whispered into my ears and pointed her eyes towards the grand entrance.

I nodded but didn't take any measures to engage him, just carefully kept my eyes on him as he walked into the crowd, wishing the few faces he personally knew, most people stayed behind as he slowly walked towards the podium.

Following behind him was a tall woman, her long legs stretched out of her low cut shorts and her brunette hair was tied to a bun, my eyes sharply landed on a silver key oddly shaped to look like a Christ cross in her neck.

"Rachel." I whispered back to Felicia, she grinned as she looked at her target like a tiger gazing it's prey.

After his little meet and greet Tyler climbed the podium, as soon as he reached the top, he flicked the mic, causing everyone to quiet down and took a moment to let the silence descend.

"It's quite a wonderful evening I believe." He smiled. "First of all, I would like to thank you all, you are the greatest mind to ever walk through this hall, the elite percent of world economy, we make turnover in billions, yet today's news and media speaks about not us but this Mr.Monster guy, a youtuber who does charity, man fuck youtubers, my daughter had a female friend, Sophie, who is a youtuber, guess who she calls daddy now..?"

He winked while chuckling at his own joke.

"Old bastard." Felicia grumbled rolling her eyes.

He speach was long, he began it by expressing his gratitude for all the fuckers that came here today, then he made a note of how he fucked his daughter's friend and bragged about Alchemax's return profits this year and went on to brag about the new and innovative projects the company had hoped to make and some that are in works.

The audience soon became bored and he finished his speech with a go crazy loose and stepped down with a strained smile.

I turned towards Felicia, she gave me a nod and I nodded back, we slowly walked into the heart of the crowd, the people spared us a single glance before dismissing us, rich brats in a party was a common sight in Las Vegas.

Many would assume that a man like Doom would be offended by the lack of attention but they can't be more wrong.

Doom was an extreme narcissist to an extent that he could develop a God complex, his personality would never let him to think he's being downplayed anywhere, if people didn't know him, then he considered them the uncultured ones or something similar to sinners, at least that's what his file said.

We reached Tyler, who was engaged in a conversation with a couple. As soon as we stepped closer, the couple dismissed themself.

"It was quite the speech." I said with my hands reaching out.

"Thanks…?" He said blinking in doubt, wondering about my identity while still shaking my hand uncertainly.

"Did Sophie get a good spanking?" I asked, resorting to the easiest method to reach my goal.

He blinked momentarily, momentarily forgetting who I was referring to before recollecting.

"Oh yeah." He grinned like an idiot.

"Sure." I rolled my eyes, sarcastically dragging out my words. "I suppose she would have slept it off if your prowess in bed matched your skills in public speaking."

He seemed quite puzzled, unable to grasp the underlying message in my words, but his assistant, on the other hand, clearly understood. A small smile played at the corner of her lips as she glanced in my direction.

"...Thanks." He replied.

"Jokes apart." I said putting on a serious face. "My father and I are very interested in what you can offer, do not disappoint us."

"I'm sure our products won't." He nodded.

"I have heard about your collections." Felicia stepped up in the conversation.

"Which one?" He smirked as his perverted eyes trailed down her clothes to her growing chest.

"The guns." Felicia smiled, doing her very best to hide her internal scowl.

"Ooo darling, guns are no women business." He chuckled.

"Well I would be the judge of that." Felicia barked back with narrowed eyes, facading her real intent with a smile.

"I'm sure you can." He licked his lips glancing at her. "My assistant can set up a date, if you want to see my collections." His gaze turned to me. "In private."

"That's very much appreciated." She nodded.

"No problem." He answered and their conversation came to an end.

"I shall expect to see you in the presentation tonight." I added as a final touch.

"Oh yeah."

I turned around and walked back into the crowd, Felicia winked at him before turning back, her smile dropping down into a deathly scowl.

"I'm killing him." She snapped.

"You mean after I slice his balls and stuff it in his mouth right?" I asked in a not so sarcastic way.

[Then I shall rip his pancreas.]

'Sure.'

"Ofcourse." She nodded.

"If you kids are done planning his demise, I shall comment that I'm in position." Fox buzzed into the coms.

"Great." Felicia turned around, her eyes landing on Rachel as the assistant talked into a phone and walked out of the hall.

"Good luck." I whispered into her ears and she gave me a nod, then slowly followed the assistant.

"Guess It's my time." I cracked my knuckles and sat down at a casino table.

"Time to hit the jackpot."

- - - - -
Support me with Powerstones.

Join Discord: https://discord.gg/dHZHxzmNdp

Check out my Brother's Fic @ Dark Asmodeus:

• Dc: Dark Emperor

• Teen Wolf: Void Stiles

• Marvel: Iron God

Patreón: Darkwolfest. [I dont have advance chapters for this Fic yet but it's the support that matters. LOL. Jokes apart, I would be updating the chapters first there anyway, so check it out.]