CH-20: A Theif's Game

If you want to read up to 15+ chapters ahead go to my Patreón: Darkwolfest.

Special mentions:

•Dragon Cross

•AJ

•Benoît Valtin

-------

In an instant, without a word spoken or a moment of thought.

I reacted to Black Fox's revelation of my real name.

Venom's tentacles swiftly extended towards his head, aiming to strike.

It didn't matter if he was a person of interest or a respected patron of the bar; he knew my true identity, which made him a potential threat.

The elongated whips of Venom's tentacles reached out, attempting to tear into his face.

However, he had anticipated the attack and managed to push himself back, using the chair to create a barrier, narrowly escaping my grasp.

"Whoo." He whistled as he rolled back, quickly recovering by pressing his hands against the floor and executing a cartwheel.

Undeterred, I leaped onto the table and charged towards him, still reaching out with my arms.

He tried to roll to his side but I had seen his eyes darting to his right.

Adjusting my direction, I aimed to intercept him but he swiftly changed course with a shoulder drop, evading my attack.

He smirked, likely thinking he had bought himself some time. Little did he know the true versatility of Venom.

I spun around, twirling the whip-like appendages towards him once more.

This time, he ducked down to avoid the strike. Anticipating his move, another elongation of the tentacles emerged from my chest, aimed directly at his neck.

He saw the incoming attack but his reaction was a fraction too slow. Although he attempted to jump over using his acrobatic abilities, I managed to catch him with Venom, slamming the tentacle against him with force.

Pressing him against the wall, causing the entire booth to tremble, I approached him, my mask shifting back to reveal my young face.

"How?" I growled, my voice intertwined with Venom's, my claws raised threateningly towards his face.

"Not so sarcastic now, are we?" He commented with a smile still lingering on his face.

"How?!" I roared, my stoic glare intensifying as I pressed my claw against his chest, drawing out blood.

He winced at the wound but his expression remained unchanged.

His eyes locked with mine and within their depths, I detected a glimmer of trust and clarity but I knew better than to trust him.

"I had the Thief Guild run a search on your moniker." He finally revealed, realizing that I wouldn't let him go or go easy on him without an explanation.

Maintaining my emotionless demeanor, I nodded, silently urging him to continue.

"You have quite the reputation." He added. "I used a third-party account to look for you in the Bar database. His tech isn't as impenetrable as Caliban thinks it is."

"And how did you discover my name?" I asked, a hint of mistrust seeping into my words.

I peered into his eyes, delving into his mind, reading his thoughts with every word he spoke.

I couldn't fully trust him after all, he was a thief, a professional liar. It was crucial to determine the veracity of his words.

"Caliban had your work profile linked to a document ID." He sighed and as I confirmed he wasn't lying, I slowly retracted my claws.