CH-22: Road Rash: Version Paris

If you want to read up to 15+ chapters ahead go to my Patreón: Darkwolfest.
Special mentions:
•Dragon Cross
•AJ
•Benoît Valtin
-------

The large red stone encased in a golden hoop danced in my hands as I played with it, tossing it up and down in the air.

"Like I said, easy." I smirked.

But Fox remained silent, his gaze fixed on the stretcher carrying the unconscious body of Karen as it was being taken away from the airport.

"Seriously?" Fox asked, rubbing his temples with a look of disappointment directed at me.

He didn't seem pleased with the way I had completed the theft.

"Trust me, dealing with Karens requires a firm hand." I shook my head, reminiscing about the memories from my college days.

"And that's one more thing I need to work on with you." He sighed, gesturing for me to follow. "Come on."

He turned and began walking away before I could respond.

I smiled at the departing ambulance and shook my head before turning around, grabbing my luggage, and hurrying to catch up with the old man.

"If I were to evaluate your performance based on the planning and execution." Fox added just as I caught up with him.

My ears perked up, eager to hear his first assessment of my skills, or rather, his second assessment considering the heist in Washington.

"I would give you a one out of ten for planning." He huffed in disappointment, shaking his head. I blinked in shock at the score and his next words only deepened my surprise.

"And an absolute zero for execution." He finished with a long sigh.

"What?!" I exclaimed, capturing the attention of everyone passing by but I couldn't care less about their stares.

"I literally have it in my hand." I said, flashing the Ruby ring in my palm. "If my execution is zero, then how the hell do I have it?"

"Because what you did makes you a robber." Fox raised an eyebrow, pointing at me in a condescending manner. "Not a thief."

He said, starting to walk towards the parking lot. I stood there, eyes wide with doubt and confusion, before blinking and running after him.

"They're not the same?" I asked, catching up to him as he stood in the lot, gazing at his pocket watch.

"No." Fox shook his head slowly, his eyes clearer as he sighed once again. "A robber takes things, while a thief steals them."

His eyes locked with mine, a smile playing on his face.

"The plan might have been the same, Ethan, but it's the execution that matters in this profession. Execution is what sets you apart on this side." He added, and I listened to his words with a newfound sense of maturity.

"So how would you have done it?" I inquired curiously.

"Well, for starters, I would have created a distraction. It was clear that she had an extremely short attention span, and I would have used that to lure her..." His words were cut off as his gaze darted towards the sound of an engine revving towards us.

My eyes widened in surprise as I whistled, looking at the sleek, gray-green Bentley coming to a stop right before us. It was a truly magnificent sight.

A valet stepped out of the car and approached us, or more precisely, Fox. He handed the key to the old man, who nodded in response.

"This is yours?!" I exclaimed, scoffing as I turned into a full-on fangirl over the masterpiece.

"Yes." He nodded, sliding sunglasses over his eyes as he transformed into a James Bond figure, taking the driver's seat while I climbed into the passenger seat.