27

"Where are we going?" Jungkook believed it was justified to ask because his hyung has been acting very strange the entire day and everything culminated with him closing the shop a few hours earlier. Yoongi was a workaholic and in the many years they've been working together, the younger couldn't think of a precedent.

They were currently inside the mint-haired man's car and the silence that fell in between them made it clear that he wasn't going to find out what was going on until they reached their destination. The car was parked inside a shopping complex so Jungkook followed the other as he got out of the car, studying his expression as they made their way inside. Yoongi looked so deep in thoughts that he suspected he hasn't even heard his previous question so he let him guide them towards the last floor of the building; that particular area was made of shops neither of them would have ever entered so the younger's jaw almost dropped when he realised it was a jewellery shop they were looking for.

"Hyung?" Cat-like eyes were studying the glass cases. "What are you looking for?"

"A ring." The answer was whispered to him and the low tone indicated the nervousness lacing each letter. It all made sense now and Jungkook felt his heart swelling at the realisation that he was the one his friend has chosen to help him with this crucial task. "Do you think he'd want diamonds?"

"I think he won't care about the ring at all." He knew he was right because Hoseok was not the materialistic type but that didn't mean he didn't want the best for him. Yoongi was convinced that he would only propose once during his lifetime and the thought alone was terrifying because he really wanted to spend the rest of his life by his current boyfriend's side. "And I'm sure he'll say yes."

"How can you know?" His hyung was looking somewhat innocent, wide eyes searching for confirmation.

"He loves you." He knew he did but that didn't mean he would want to marry him. Hoseok was a dreamer and very family-orientated (a trait he's got from his parents) so Yoongi could only hope that he would be the happy ending he was going to choose for himself. It took them more than an hour to find the perfect ring but once they did, even Jungkook could confirm there was no better one. It was simple – made of white gold, a little sun engraved on it and the dongsaeng smiled because he knew "sunshine" was Hoseok's favourite pet name.

"I need you to tattoo me."

They went back to the parlour and Jungkook understood what the hurry was as soon as he's been offered the stencil of the new piece his best friend wanted on him. Will you marry me? It was his handwriting and the younger smiled goofily at the idea, surprised by the creative way of proposing.

"Do you think he'll like it?" He wanted to be placed on his forearm and the other smiled as he nodded fiercely. "I've thought about a classic proposal but you know I'm no good –" Getting on one knee and proposing in front of tens of curious eyes was not Yoongi's style at all because the audience would only put more pressure on the act and he didn't need any of that.

"He'll love it. It's feels more personal." And the proof was going to remain on his skin for as long as he was going to live.

He was informed that he couldn't tell anyone – not even Jimin – until he was going to find out the answer and he swore solemnly that he wouldn't only if the elder promised he was going to tell him what the answer was as soon as possible. He took the duty of making sure everything was in place before locking the studio and shooed the other home, well-aware that the anxiety was going to eat him alive if he was going to stay around for more. He was turning on the security system when his phone began to vibrate and he smiled widely, knowing it was his boyfriend who was probably worried because he was late.

"Hello?"

"Hello." A small pause followed. "Are you on the way home?" The question was shy so he cooed at the image of his boyfriend's probably-concerned expression.