Ep.3 (4/5)

Kyung-Mi stood firm in her decision, unwavering in her pursuit of her dream. Y/n, desperate to make her understand, pleaded with her to reconsider.

"Why are you stopping me?" Kyung-Mi questioned, her voice filled with confusion.

Y/n took a deep breath, trying to articulate her thoughts. "Because I don't want you to go," she confessed, her voice trembling with emotion. "None of us wants you to go, especially Heeseung. I know that you have a dream, but being here doesn't limit you from reaching that dream."

Kyung-Mi sighed, her eyes filled with a mixture of determination and sadness. "I'm sorry, but I've made up my mind," she replied, her voice filled with a hint of regret.

Y/n refused to give up, knowing that there was more to Kyung-Mi's decision than she let on. "But deep down, you don't want to leave Heeseung, do you?" she questioned, her voice filled with sincerity. "Since I first met Heeseung, he's been waiting for you to come back. And when I see these pictures..." Y/n paused, a genuine concern in her voice. "I've never seen him smile like this with anyone else. The smile is yours. If you're gone, what would he do?"

A heavy silence filled the room as Y/n and Kyung-Mi locked eyes, their unspoken emotions lingering between them. Y/n's desperation grew, and she made a decision—she got down on her knees and begged Kyung-Mi to reconsider, her heart pouring out in every word.

Kyung-Mi's eyes filled with a mix of love and sadness. "Y/n, I love Heeseung's smile too," she confessed, her voice filled with genuine affection. "But I need to go to France and help other people. It's something I believe in deeply."

Meanwhile, Heeseung stood outside Kyung-Mi's room, listening to the conversation unfolding. Annoyance washed over him as he witnessed Y/n's plea to Kyung-Mi.

Y/n stepped out of Kyung-Mi's house, her heart heavy with sadness. She spotted Heeseung standing at the gate, his expression filled with annoyance. As she approached him, he spoke with frustration in his voice.

"Did I ask you to kneel in front of Kyung-Mi and beg?" Heeseung questioned, his tone sharp. "Did you think about how she would feel about that? Did you want her to think that I forced you to talk to her and keep her here?"

Heeseung pushed Y/n gently, his actions fueled by his frustration. "You know what you're doing is putting your nose where it doesn't belong," he continued, his voice laced with anger. "Think about other people's feelings for a change. Don't just think about yours."

Y/n, overwhelmed by her own emotions, pushed him back, her voice filled with pent-up frustration. "What about you? How about your own feelings?" she exclaimed, her voice quivering.

Confusion flickered in Heeseung's eyes as he struggled to understand Y/n's words. "What are you saying?" he questioned, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

Y/n looked at him with intensity, her emotions spilling over. "I know it's not my business, and I've been focused on my own feelings. But what about you?" she questioned, her voice filled with a mix of frustration and concern. "Have you asked yourself what you want to do instead of telling yourself that there's nothing you can do?"

Heeseung's shoulders slumped, his expression reflecting a sense of resignation. "What can I do?" he responded, his voice filled with a hint of defeat.

Y/n's voice grew softer, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "You can't or you're just avoiding the problem?" she asked, her voice trembling. "Kyung-Mi... she's awesome. She fights with all her might for what she believes in. But look at you. You keep saying that's how the world works. You tell yourself to get over it, but you haven't done anything to fight for it."