Ep.6 (4/5)

Y/n was in her room, sitting on her bed and playing with an umbrella as she contemplated her impending date with Jungwon. Her brother, Minjun, walked into the room and couldn't help but tease her.

Minjun: "Sis, are you going on a date or to war?"

Y/n: "I don't know what mess Jungwon will make. I'm afraid."

Minjun: "Are you afraid that Jungwon will be trouble, or that you won't be beautiful?"

Y/n: "Don't tease me."

Minjun: "Sis, on a day like this, you don't need to do much. Be your natural self. Nothing is better than that."

Y/n: "Wow, wise words coming from you."

Minjun: "No, I got it from an ad. Take a shower already."

He tossed her a deodorant stick.

Minjun: "I got it for you in case you want to add more confidence."

Y/n: "What am I not confident about?"

Minjun: "Everything. Be confident. Don't think too much. When you're confident, things will work out for you. Don't forget to use it."

Y/n smiled at her brother's advice before he left her room.

At the zoo entrance, Jungwon was waiting for Y/n. She arrived, and he turned to face her, startling her.

Y/n: "What are you frustrated about? I didn't come late."

Jungwon: "I'm not frustrated."

Y/n: "Are you sure?"

She used her bag as a weapon.

Y/n: "Why do you look like that?"

He kept staring at her, which made Y/n feel insecure about her outfit. Eventually, he spoke.

Jungwon: "Your... outfit is cute."

Y/n: "What? The birds are loud."

Jungwon: "Your outfit is cute."

Y/n: "What?"

Jungwon: "Why do you keep asking me that? I wasn't frustrated at first, but I'm getting there."

She covered his mouth.

Y/n: "Fine, I won't ask you anymore."

She uncovered his mouth.

Y/n: "Please don't get upset today. If not for me, do it for Aera. I love Aera as much as I love my family."

Jungwon: "Don't you think I have a calm 'demoner'?"

Y/n: "Demeanor!"

Then, Aera arrived with her boyfriend, Taehyun, who laughed loudly.

Taehyun: "Your boyfriend is funny. Are you doing word jokes? Like... oops, wrong word. No, that's correct."

Aera: "Hello, Jungwon. I'm Aera. This is Taehyun, my boyfriend. Taehyun, this is Y/n and Jungwon."

Jungwon was clearly annoyed but still extended his hand to shake with Taehyun.

Taehyun: "Bro, you can be chill with me. Okay, let's go instead. It's now 'suspicious' time. Auspicious. Get it?"

Taehyun laughed while Jungwon struggled to contain his frustration. He put his hand on Y/n's shoulder, which startled her.

Jungwon: "Y/n."

Y/n: "Hmm?"

With a forced smile, Jungwon said: "Let's go inside."