Ep.8 (1/5)

Y/n walked into her house, greeted by an unexpected presence – Jungwon's mother, Rosalyn, sitting at the table with her family. Despite the tension in the air, Y/n greeted her politely.

Y/n: "Hello."

Her dad attempted to break the silence, introducing Y/n.

Dad: "Mrs. Rosalyn, this is Y/n, my..."

Rosalyn cut him off, asserting her knowledge.

Rosalyn: "I know who she is."

Dad continued with the introduction.

Dad: "Okay, Y/n, this is Mrs. Rosalyn."

Y/n, unfazed, addressed Rosalyn directly.

Y/n: "I know who she is, Dad. What brings you here?"

Rosalyn, wasting no time, delved into her concerns about Y/n's living conditions.

Rosalyn: "How can you all live like this? The house is so small and smells so stale and moldy. Don't you feel uncom..."

Y/n, cutting to the chase, interrupted her.

Y/n: "I think you should get to the point. What is it that you want?"

Rosalyn, not mincing words, revealed her intention.

Rosalyn: "You must want a better life, right? That's why you're trying to land my son. I do want my son to stop associating himself with this sort of thing. So, I'm here to ask you briefly. How much would it take for you to leave my son alone?"

Her manager handed her a check, trying to resolve the issue with money.

Y/n, unimpressed, called out the approach.

Y/n: "Is this the way it works for your family? You solve every problem with money."

Rosalyn, undeterred, proposed a substantial sum.

Rosalyn: "One million. If you accept, the money will be in your account tomorrow."

Y/n, maintaining her principles, rejected the offer.

Y/n: "Let me set things straight here. I've never wanted to land Jungwon. We're not a couple, but no matter what, money can't buy a relationship."

Rosalyn, persistent, increased the offer.

Rosalyn: "Five million?"

Y/n, unwavering, emphasized the futility.

Y/n: "It's not about how much money."

Rosalyn, seemingly desperate, raised the stakes.

Rosalyn: "Really? That kind of money is worth more than this house. Ego alone doesn't make your stomach full."

Y/n, realizing the futility of the conversation, cut it short.

Y/n: "I think we're going nowhere with this conversation."

Rosalyn, making a final attempt, proposed a substantial amount.

Rosalyn: "Fifteen million. That's enough to buy a nice new place."

Y/n, standing firm, reiterated her stance.

Y/n: "I said this can't be bought with money."

At this point, Y/n's mom had enough. She slammed her hands on the table and confronted Rosalyn.

Mom: "Enough!"

She stood up, facing Rosalyn.

Mom: "What's your problem? All of a sudden, you come into my house and throw money at my daughter like she can be bought. You think others are lowly, and you're an angel from high above? That's why you can't see people as equals?"