Road of Hope

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Aaliyah.

Bold- What happens in the episodes

"Episode Title"

Narrative

Regular talking/actions

Episode 6: Road of Hope

"Alchemy is the science of understanding, decomposing, and reconstructing matter. However, it is not an all-powerful art. It is impossible to create something out of nothing. If one wishes to obtain something, something of equal value must be paid. This is the law of equivalent exchange, the basis of alchemy. Alchemists have a taboo, and it is human transmutation. It is that which no one must commit."

The opening song began once again.

"Road of Hope"

When the title disappeared, a train station was shown with train whistles and bells going off. A train window was shown being knocked on, causing Edward, who was on the other side of the window to look up. Hughes was shown standing outside the window. "Yo." Hughes said with a wave.

"It's amazing you could find him with how big the trains are. He could have been anyway on it." Kain said.

"Isn't it that Fullmetal is just so small?" Mustang asked.

Ed twitched and had to bite his tongue for a moment to keep from yelling and ranting that he wasn't short. "Damn it, Colonel! Just once, ignore the chance at the jab, would you?"

"That's all I get?" Mustang asked, a bit disappointed.

"You weren't creative enough this time to get anything else." Edward muttered, hoping that his lack of reaction would get Mustang to stop with the teasing as he said it himself earlier that he did it because he liked Ed's reactions.

"Aw, is little Eddie finally growing up?" Havoc teased.

'I'll kill you all.' Edward thought angrily.

"Lieutenant Colonel." Edward said."The folks at the Eastern Command Center were a little too busy tomake it down here today so I came to see you off instead." Hughes explained.

"It's not like they really ever came to see me off before." Edward said. "That's because you usually leave without a word or we say goodbye to you at the office before you leave." Havoc pointed out.

Ed shrugged. "I don't like goodbyes."

"Why?" Karin asked curiously.

"It feels like you're saying we won't see each other ever again. Saying goodbye just sounds like the last parting words of those who are going to die." Edward explained. "Or, they never want to see you again, so they just up and leave. I hate goodbyes. They just make it sound like the end. Why say it when I'll always come back?"

Al looked at his brother in surprise. He knew about the first part, but that second part he didn't know. It sounded like he was referring to how dad just left them when they were kids. Maybe his brother was hurting from that morethan he let on. He was like Al and just wanted his parents back, but he hid it under all his anger for dad.

"I'm not sure if that is sad or sweet." Maria said.

"Then why do you never write or call home?" Armstrong asked, recalling the conversation he had with Pinako.

"Because it is just turning back. When I leave, I never turn back because I'll crumble down and want to go back home. I can't give up. Besides, even if Idid want to call or write, I have no idea of what to say." Edward said.