Father Before The Grave

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Aaliyah.

Bold- What happens in the episodes

"Episode Title"

Narrative

Regular talking/actions

Episode 20: Father Before the Grave

The opening song began.

Ed, Ally, and Hohenheim appeared on the screen, standing in the graveyard.

"Hello Edward, it seems you've grown some."

Ed's eye twitched violently. Seriously, that was how he was going to greet him after ten years? Of course he grew, damn it! It's been ten years!

Hohenheim looks from Edward than to Ally in curiosity. "I spoke to Pinako, she told me you tried human transmutation."

"Well, your dad is certainly blunt." Havoc said, grimacing.

Ed growled. "He has always been blunt."

"And very sophisticated sounding?" Fuery asked curiously. "Even Al's manners aren't like that."

"Uh, no. He's always had manners and been polite in his speech, but not to this degree. The way he is talking is pretty weird." Ed muttered, silently wishing they would all drop it! It was bad enough that he had to run into his father at all. He didn't need them all analyzing this meeting and trying to figure his dad out as well.

"Does anyone else feel uncomfortable watching a private conversation like this one?" Karley asked.

Quite a few soldiers raised their hands.

"It would not be the first private conversation we've heard in here." Miles pointed out.

"But it is the first that we've had to listen to that involved the kid talking to someone he despises from his past." Brody said.

Miles shrugged.

"What makes you think you can just show up like this." Ed snarls as he looks away. "Theres nothing here for you anymore!" he snaps at him, Hohenheim looks up to charcoaled remains of his home on the hill.

Hohenheim looked at his son. "I noticed. Tell me, Edward," The man looked towards where his house used to be. "What possessed you to burn down my home?

"After all this time, that's the first question he asks you?" Mustang moaned, covering his face.

"What would you ask your child that you haven't seen in...what, ten years?" Hughes asked, looking at the brothers for confirmation.

Al shrugged. "Give or take a year."

Hughes nodded and looked at Mustang. "So?"

"'I'm sorry I've been gone so long. Can you forgive me?' Or, 'What possessed you to become a State Alchemist?' Or maybe, 'Do you hate me?'" Mustang said, clenching his fists tightly by his side. He didn't hate Hohenheim, but he didn't condone his leaving and not returning in ten years. Ed suffered the role of big brother and guardian and Al suffered without having a parent that he wanted. Al just wanted his dad back to have one of them there. And Ed just wanted someone to watch over him and be proud of him for his accomplishments. Neither of them got what they wanted because their father left!

"Wow, I didn't expect him to have an answer so quickly, let alone three." Hughes whispered to Izumi and Riza.

Izumi chuckled at the man while Riza just smiled softly.

"After what happen, we promise we'd never go back, it was symbol of our resolve..." Ed begins before he is cut off.

"No, you didn't," Hohenheim said, causing Ed to look up. "You were hiding the memory." Ed looked shocked at him. "You didn't want to be reminded of what you've done." The man approached his son. "And thought you could erase the memory by destroying the evidence."