Advance of the Fool

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Aaliyah.

Bold- What happens in the episodes

"Episode Title"

Narrative

Regular talking/actions

Episode 21: Advance of the Fool

"Brother!"

Ed shot up from his bed, eyes looking around wildly to find his brother standing by his bed. "Argh." He put his cold automail hand to his forehead, moaning in relief at the cold seeping into his aching head from it. "Al, do you need something?"

"Are you okay, Brother? You broke out into a sweat in your sleep. Were you having another bad dream?" Al asked worriedly.

Moving his automail hand down to his eyes, Ed waved his brother's concerns away with his flesh hand. "Don't worry, Al. I'm fine. What time is it anyway?"

"It's three in the morning, Brother." Al replied though the tone of worry didn't leave his voice. "You should–"

Before Al could even finish, Ed swung his feet over the edge of the bed and stood up. He stretched his arms above his head, yawning as he did. "I think I'll take a shower, then get something to eat. I'm starving."

Ed went to take a shower and left to get dressed.

*2 ½ Hours Later*

"There's a passed-out Fullmetal on the couch." Mustang said, staring down at his youngest charge.

"He looks so cute when he is calm like this." Hughes replied, grinning.

Mustang gave him a look with a raised brow. "You have a camera, don't you?"

An evil grin was all the answer that Mustang needed. Sighing, the Colonel walked away towards the kitchen. "I saw nothing. I know nothing." That was all Mustang said.

An hour later found the group back in the room, all were ready to continue except the young State Alchemist still passed out on the couch, which kept Mustang and Hughes off the couch. The two just sat on the floor and leaned their back against the couch. Ally, on the other hand, stayed on the couch, sitting by Ed's head.

"Shouldn't you wake him up?" Ling asked, nodding at Ed.

Mustang shrugged. "He'll wake up sooner or later."

The hospital was shown.

"You're an idiot!" Mustang said before Riza was shown with her eyes shut.

"Wow, it's not Ed being scolded by Colonel for once." Ally and Al said in shock.

"Did you two have to comment on that?" Havoc asked.

Al shrugged. "Brother is still sleeping. Someone had to say it."

"I see. You make up for your brother's strange comments when he is not able to." Ling said amused. "You know him so well then."

"Someone's got to say the comments. Brother will be disappointed if they aren't said." Al replied.

Mustang was shown to be sitting in a hospital bed, reprimanding Hawkeye. "It's bad enough you believed her, but then you gave up?"

"I hate to say it, but Mustang is correct. You never give up a fight." Izumi said. "We have to fight to survive and live in this world all the time. We should never give up on life because it is the only one we get."

Mustang groaned at the numb pain that traveled through his side and in his hand. At least the pain wasn't as bad as it was yesterday. It was probably because he was drugged up with pain medicine in the future. Whatever it was, it was nice. He couldn't deal with that pain again. It was bad enough dealing with it once.