Backs in the Distance

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Aaliyah.

(A/N: Happy New Year, guys!)

Bold- What happens in the episodes

"Episode Title"

Narrative

Regular talking/actions

Episode 22: Backs in the Distance

Bradley suddenly ran at one of the ladders leading up to the pipe that Lan Fan was on. Lan Fan stared down at Bradley, seeing his one eye glowing red before her mask was broken and fell to pieces as she screamed.

"No! Lan Fan!" Ling screamed.

Lan Fan fell to the ground on a nearby roof, blood spilling all around in the air from a cut on her arm. When she hit the roof, she bounced across it, kunai tumbling alongside her.

Lan Fan gasped at the sudden pain flaring in her arm and head. She lurched forward, grabbing at her arm. Her eyes scrunched shut from the amount of pain pulsating inside her skull.

"You okay, Lan Fan?" Ling asked, teeth-gritting angrily.

"Yes, my lord." Lan Fan managed to say through gritted teeth. It felt like she had a damn concussion from that blow.

"Ling, without the adrenaline running through our systems here to keep the pain level down a bit, the pain we feel here is intensified," Al whispered to Ling.

Ling looked at Lan Fan again before turning back to the screen. Lan Fan was strong. She could handle a bit of pain. Right now, he had to make sure they escaped from Bradley.

Bradley's sword was shown to be broken into two. "Clever." He said as he lifted his sword up. "You took a swipe at me with your kunai."

Ed whistled. "Well, I knew you were an impressive fighter, but to be able to break his sword like that is incredible."

"Thank you, Ed." Lan Fan said.

"Incredible, but you still can't fight him." Ed said, frowning. They didn't count on such a dangerous Homunculus coming for this. At this point, he would rather they forget the plan if Bradley was going to be their opponent. "He's too fast for you guys."

"If he's too fast, I'll outmaneuver him." Ling replied.

"Can I eat her now?" Gluttony asked.

"Just make it quick." Bradley said.

Ling's hands clenched tightly on his knees. Did those idiots forget that he was there? He would not let them harm his friend and subordinate while he was around! They were making this personal for him. No one would be allowed to hurt his friends and subordinates and get away with it.

"Either they have forgotten about Ling or one of them will attack him soon." Mustang said, frowning.

"Or they are simply overconfident." Hughes said.

"Those who are overconfident will ultimately fail in the end." Armstrong said.

"Goody for us. It means they'll all be beaten." Edward replied.

Gluttony jumped off the roof he was on and over Bradley to get to the roof that Lan Fan was lying on. His face was shown before a streak of white light passed through his face. The scene pulled out to show Ling behind Gluttony with his sword in the air as the top half of Gluttony's head and his hands were shown to be chopped off.

"Nice one, Ling." Ed commented.

"Thank you, my lord." Lan Fan said, breathing a sigh of relief before she grimaced again and tightened her hold on her arm.