Chapter 1 | Beware the Soc's

"What in tarnation?!" 

You followed behind a shouting Darry and far behind the other Greaser gang members. You weren't exactly sure what was going on but the adrenaline was enough to keep you going.

When you finally got to the destination you had seen Ponyboy on the ground groaning and Steve, Two-bit, and Sodapop strangling the mess out of a couple of Soc through the window of their red mustang. 

You watched as Darry ran to Ponyboy's aid so you decided to run towards the fight. By time you had gotten over there Dally had showed up too. You both decided on picking up rocks and twigs and flinging them at their car as they drove off. 

Once they did you and Soda ran over to Ponyboy to check on him. 

"Did they pull a blade on you?" Soda asked him as Pony began bleeding out of his neck a bit. 

"Yea" Pony replied looking away, his voice quivering as if he were about to cry. You patted him on the back for support and looked for Johnny who was sitting on a bench by himself. You walked over to him and he looked up to meet you.

"Hey Johnny...those wern't the Soc who...?" You started to ask, but Johnny didn't respond. He stayed quiet and stood up beside you. You wanted to continue talking but you noticed Twobit smirking over at you and Johnny knowingly. He motioned you to walk over to Pony and the rest of the gang. He must've seen Dally, no wonder. But you thought he was in the cooler at the time. 

"How's the kid?" Dally asked Pony walking over to him.

"Fine. What're you doing out the cooler Dal?" Pony replied as Dally gave his infamous smirk.

"Yeah," Steve started walking over, "What are you doing walking by your lonesome on the street huh?" He said to Pony.

"None of your business..."

"None of my business?! Man it is my business look at my nose man!" He replied getting defensive. His nose did look swollen and he constantly wiped blood from it.

Dally looked at you and smirked as you glared back. Nothing personal though, this is just how you two always acted towards each other.

"What are you doing out of the cooler Dally? I though you were in there for 90 days." You asked him. "Yeah I got out early doll, you know good behavior." He replied rubbing his hands together. Dally turned his attention to Johnny, "Hey Johnny man, how you doing bro?" Dally asked following over to next to you and Johnny. He started walking and the rest of you followed.

"Things would go a lot better if the Soc's stayed on the south side of town." Johnny replied placing his hands in his pocket, as you agreed nodding your head.

"Well don't you worry about that Johnny cause we'll have it out with them Soc's sooner or later." Steve butted in. 

"Sure as hell are if they keep coming over to our side of town." Soda agreed. 

"Those the same guys that got you?" Dally asked him as you cringed at someone else asking him. But you listened curiously wondering if he'd answer to Dally this time. But Johnny must've not wanted you to feel bad because he looked at you then back at Dally. "Uh no...no that wasn't them it was some other guys..."

"Now that I'm out Im going to make it my business to get the guys who did that to your face." Dally said. 

"What do you think about me becoming your personal bodyguard guard huh Ponyboy?" Twobit asked Pony.

"I don't think it's too hot of an idea." Pony replied in a sassy manner causing you to let out a little giggle. Ponyboy was like that sometimes, he can tend to get a little mouthy at times. 

"I was thinking how about you and Sylvia come over for a game with us tomorrow night?" Steve asked Dally. 

"I wanna go" you and Pony had said at the same time.

"Oh we're taking Evie and Sandy." Sodapop started. "Which means no kids allowed." Steve finished.

"Big deal." You and Pony replied at the same time once again. You two were definitely the best friends of the group besides Steve and Sodapop. You often said the same things and thought alike. You liked reading almost as much as Pony did but you love the theater more.

"No no no I'm going to have some action, little kids are allowed." He said smirking at you and Pony then at the ground. You were fifteen (in 2 months 16) so you were still considered a kid in the group and that really pissed you off at times. But Ponyboy was younger so you got off the hook for some things.

"Man we'll go with you," Johnny started walking over to Dally, "Won't we y/n and Pony?"

"I don't know Dal, I can't go get in trouble with no cops. Darry said the courts will split us up for sure if I do."Ponyboy replied.

"Who was talking about police trouble?" Dally started after taking a drag on his cancer stick, "I just wanna go see a movie like the good ol' days, right Johnny?" Dally asked as Johnny nodded.

You guys talked a bit more and everyone decided to wrap it up. 

"Check this out buddy!" Steve said to Soda before taking a backflip off a car and shouted. Once he got back up you laughed and held your stomach at how energetic he was even after he got his nose busted.

"You guys wanna give me a push start?" Twobit asked getting into his car.

"Not really but we will." Pony replied as you hit him on the arm. "Ow I didn't do nothin wrong." You, Johnny, and Ponyboy pushed Twobits car and then he drove off. 

You all walked over to the gate where Dally was. "Did ya know Sylvia was two timing me while I was in jail?" He asked mainly looking at you, "It's alright, see you guys later." Then with that Dally walked away and you all said your goodbyes.

You all walked back over to the Curtis's front porch. "You going home Johnnycake?" Pony asked him as he looked back.

"I don't know." Johnny shrugged as you sat beside him. 

"Alright what about you y/n?" He asked as you shook your head, "I'll stay with Johnny for now thanks Pony." You replied. You knew Johnny had things going on at home and you wanted to make sure he was ok before anything else.

"Alright, well you two know you can come in whenever you want." Pony said opening the door as you both nodded. He stared for a moment before opening the door and walking inside shutting it slowly behind him.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀