Chapter 2 | Trouble In The City

You Ponyboy and Johnny had approached Dally leaning against a lamp post trying to light his cigarette. Dally had a brown leather jacket and a pair of blue jeans. Pony was wearing a navy blue turtle neck sleeveless shirt and some jeans. Johnny had on a black shirt with a a jean jacket and matching jean pants. You had on a white tank top, jeans, and a dark red plaided jacket wrapped around you waist.

"What's going on Dal?" Johnny asked him as you approached. Pony patted him on the back as a sign of saying he was here. 

"We're kinda early." Dally replied.

"So what are we gonna do then till then Dally?" You asked. He smirked at you then Johnny, Pony, then back at you. "Nothing legal doll, let's get out of here." He began walking as you three followed behind him. A girl walked past him stopping Dally in his tracks to check her out, it was only when you scoffed that he left her alone and kept walking.

The first thing you guys did was go to a restaurant for "breakfast". But really you guys just enjoyed doing mischievous things like blowing spitwads and paper straws at the waitress. Dally had joined in the fun before the waitress got mad.

"Boys if you can't behave right you need to leave!" She said to yall as you cocked an eyebrow at her. "I'm a girl get it right, sweetheart." You said sarcastically smiling at her as she rolled her eyes. Dally stifled a laugh as you and Johnny continued to blow paper straws at her, Pony joining in right after. "I said knock it off!" She shouted. "C'mon sweetie we're not trying cause trouble." Dally replied as Pony blew another straw paper. "Hey, Pony be a good boy." He said to Pony knowing he didn't mean a single word he'd said. "Sorry pop." Pony said as you giggled.

Eventually you were kicked out of the restaurant, of course not till Dally finished his coffee. When you guys left you went to a prescription store to pull off a heist. "You guys know what to do." Dally said nudging you before walking into the store. You sat down with the guys and ordered one milkshake with three straws for you each to share. Once they gave it to you, you took a sip.

"How's it taste guys?" He asked you. "It's terrible man..." you started making a disgusted face. "Too sweet..." Johnny chirped in. "Too much syrup or something." Ponyboy said sliding the cup down to Dally for him to taste. "Is there something wrong?" The bartender asked. "Yes this is...this is garbage man." Dally said to her, "Taste this." He said giving it to you so you could offer it to her. You, Pony, and Johnny ranted on and on about how terrible it was giving the lady a hard time while Dally went behind the counter and snatched an item. "Let's get out of here man." Dally said to yall shoving it in his jacket as you all followed him.

"Keep the change." Pony said walking out last. Dally had been waiting outside for y'all and when you came outside he motioned you to hurry up. "C"mom man let's go! Stupid." Dally said messing with Pony's hair. 

You guys had went to a parking lot after where a couple of greasers and a soc looked ready to rumble. And once they did the greasers beat that Soc to the ground. When he got up though he pulled a switchblade out of his backpocket as the Greasers began to surround him. 

You guys had watched behind a car as this unraveled before a cop showed up with his baton. "Let's get out of here Dal, you promised Pony no problems with the fuzz." You said as Dally motioned you guys to follow him out of the situation. 

Next you hit up the DX gas station where Soda and Steve worked to ask for some money. "Here come to the hobos." Steve said to Soda. "Hey soda!" You said approaching him as he gave you a big smile. God he was so handsome. But you could never date Soda; being neglected in a home like yours caused you to basically grow up at the Curtis's house so you mainly looked up to him as a brother.

"Hey anybody wanna buy an old windshield wiper?" Dally asked joking around. "Aw c'mom Dally." Steve said grabbing for it. "Give him the money Steve." Soda chuckled. 

After y'all left the gas station you guys started walking to the movie lot.

"So what's the movie about Dally?" Johnny asked him. "I don't know, I think it's one of those beach movies or something like that."

You guys had turned the corner onto a field where you found a couple of kids playing with cards in the grass. "Did I say that you guys could play in my grass?" Dally asked them. 'Here we go'  you thought. The boys shook their heads. "Then what're you guys doing over here?" Dally asked them again. They didn't answer. Dally looked down at their cards. "Give me those cards man." He said to them as they all handed him the cards.

You looked over at Johnny who was kicking at some rocks on the ground. He'd always done this. He was so quiet and so nervous and timid like a lost puppy, at least ever since those Soc's attacked him that one day. He'd never really been the same again.

"You guys ever play 52 pick up?" Dally asked them. "Yea." They all replied. "What? Don't get wise with me. I don't like little kids, I don't like 'em...I just..." he started looking pissed. He threw the cards in the air surrounding the little kids. He paused for a moment looking back at us then back at the kids. 

Suddenly Dally interrupted his own silence, "Get out of here! Or I'll kill you!" He shouted at them as the boys took of running and so did Dally. With no hesitation you three took off fast behind Dally chasing the children out of the field. Pony passed up both of you guys and then Dally. The only reason he stopped is because Dally did but honestly if he hadn't, Pony could've caught those kids easy.

"It's getting dark, let's go." Dally said as you guys followed him getting ready for a night of movie watching.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀