Chapter 10 | Reunited

The next morning you found yourself in Ponyboy and Sodapop's bed. Nobody was in there but you, but you could tell someone had been sleeping beside you because their side of the bed was messed up, plus the door was cracked. 

You had on a big t-shirt that went past your hips and some comfortable shorts. You put on your knee high socks and yawned as you made your way down the stairs to the bathroom. When you go to the bathroom your saw a pile of neatly folded clothes and a note that said: 'For y/n'.

You put on the blue jean pants and the slightly cropped white top. You figured these were clothes you've left over the Curtis's house in the past, and they washed them for you. You were also surprised to see your flannel red jacket. Darry or Soda must've found it after you left it on the bench that night you slept with Ponyboy and Johnny...Johnny. Oh boy it all came rushing back to you. Johnny was still in the hospital and so was Dally. You sighed a brushed your teeth before heading to the kitchen where Ponyboy was cooking eggs.

"Morning sunshine." He said in a friendly manner smiling at you. "Mornin Ponyboy." You gave a small smile back. "So glad you're speaking again." He said. "Hey Pony?" You started as he hummed in response, "Ho-How'd I get in those pajamas last night...?" You stuttered staring at the ground in bashfulness. "Soda figured you'd ask, he said they woke you up and you changed in the bathroom...you don't remeber?" He slightly blushed. "I guess not." You shook your head.

"Anybody home?" You heard from the front door. "Yea in here!" You called back. You were so excited to see the boys again, you hadn't seen them since what felt like forever. You heard the come in but they sure were quiet. The next thing you knew Twobit barged in swinging both you and Ponyboy around as Steve came in too.

"Hey Twobit!" You laughed as Pony groaned, "Two you made me drop my eggs and my spoon!" Pony said as Twobit opened the fridge. "Look at the blonde headed monkey!" Twobit said (I'm not going to let him call you that because I don't know your race and to some of us that can be offensive 💀). You hugged Twobit as hard as you could as he gave you a soft noogie to the head, "Hey there doll." He said laughing.

"What's it like being a hero?" Steve asked you both. "What's that Steve?" You asked as he showed you the newspaper in his hand. You and Ponyboy looked at the paper, but your eyes were on Johnny's catalog. Apparently he'd been charged for manslaughter. 

"It also says how you two saved them kids, that they would've burned to death hadn't it been for you guys." Steve said taking a whole plate of chocolate cake as you eyed him. It also talked about putting Ponyboy and Sodapop in a boys home. "I don't want to live in a boys home." Pony said as you gave him a look of sympathy. "Dom't worry Ponyboy they don't put hero's like you in a boys home." Steve said, "Where's Soda and Superdope anyhow?"

"In the shower." You said to Steve nodding towards the bathroom. You ran over to Darry who was outside the bathroom door and stood by him, "Thanks for letting me stay the night, again." You said as Darry chuckled. "Nothing I wouldn't do for my non blood kid sister." He said as you smiled back at him. You looked back to the bathroom where Ponyboy was combimg his hair and Soda had got out the shower with a towel, almost flashing everyone. 

"Jesus Soda." You said chuckling nervously as your cheeks flushed for a moment. "My bad y/n. I asked Pony to close the door anyway." He apologized as Pony did too. "Your good." He was like family anyway, but still if you could avoid anything that would make you even slightly attracted to Sodapop you'd do it. He's basically your brother...but maybe that was an excuse. At some points of your life you swore you were attracted to Ponyboy for just a bit. But it was all about Johnny now.

"Seen my DX shirt Darry?" Soda asked his brother. "You gotta have pants too, I think there's a law or somethin about that." Steve said earning small laughter from you then offering Soda chocolate cake. After everyone got settled you noticed Ponyboy being kind of uneasy. He asked Darry questions about the court and they had to get him from sulking outside.

"I think I should stay home from work today for you and y/n." Darry said to Pony. "Nah we've been by ourselves plenty of times. Besides we can't afford it." Pony said as you nodded. Darry still hesitated before Twobit joined in, "Don't worry about Pony and y/n, I'll babysit em." Twobit said as you scoffed at him and Pony smacked him on the head and Two tackled him to the ground. You rolled your eyes but to your surprise Pony couldn't fight him off. "I gotta quick smokin, or I won't make track next year." Pony says but it seemed deeper than that.

"Hey Twobit lay off, he looks sick." You said as Darry agreed. Twobit got off of him as Pony rose to his feet. "Yeah Twobit lay off. Lazy bum." "Pony, you smoke more than a pack today and I'll get you." Darry said to Pony as he went to the door. "Alright, you carry moor than a bundle of roof and me, y/n, and Soda'll get you." He said as Darry smiled at him. "Say hi to Johnny for me." Darry said to you as you nodded.

Soon it was just you, Twobit, and Ponyboy. "We should really clean up around here." You and Pony said at the same time before chuckling and giving each other a fist bump.

"This place is clean, compared to my place." Twobit disagreed. "Which is probably why you should have enough sense to clean it up." Pony said in a sassy manner. "Shoo if I ever did that my mom would die of shock." He said.

 You helped clean the dishes with Ponyboy and wrapped up the trash before coming back to the living room to see Twobit on the floor, eating chocolate cake and sipping beer.

On your way to Dairy Queen you and Twobit were playing this game you guys always did called, flip off the Socs. Everytime a classy car passed by on the street and there were Soc's in it, you and Two would flip them off. It was a dangerous game, especially at times like now where the Greasers and the Soc were at war, but there was a rumble coming up so the rules were you wern't allowed to interfere physically with the other gang until the rumble.  Still it was risky, one time you and Two bit had been chased by a green mustang after playing the game and almost got jumped, but it was fun. Of course not so fun when Darry found out but you didn't blame him, he just wanted to keep his "kids" safe.

Once you got close to Dairy Queen that same blue mustang from the night of the movie theater, the night Johnny stabbed that Soc who was in the passenger seat, the car that was the reason who caused all this mess in the first place. "What the heck do they want? Haven't they cause enough trouble?" You asked Ponyboy began to rush you and Twobit over to DairyQueen.

They pulled up to Dairy Queen as well. They got out the car as Pony tried to hurry inside the restaurant but Twobit stopped him, "Let's see what they want." "Why?" You and Pony both said. "I've got your back." Two said as the Soc who had driven Bob around emerged out of his car with his other gang members.