Chapter 3 | Pony's Second Movie

Johnny helped you up out from under the gate of the movie lot. You guys had to sneak in to watch the movie, at least for free.

"Jee Dally, I thought ladies were supposed to go first." Johnny said walking along side you helping you dust the dirt off your clothes. Dally shrugged and kept walking. "Now my white shirt ain't so white anymore." You said sarcastically picking off cruds of dirt.

You and Pony eyed each other after over hearing some girl and a guy arguing while walking to find a seat. "Jeez she sounded really mad." Pony said turning his attention back to you. You nodded still listening to their voices fading out the farther you walked away. You watched as the two guys talking to the two girls got back in their cars and drove off.

Dally hopped the bar that the seats were behind as you guys did the same. You sat in between the boys, Pony and Dally on the right, Johnny on your left. You heard laughing somewhere in the distance that sounded an awful lot like Twobit. But you didn't have to time to look back because two girls that looked around your age sat in front of you. You knew this wasn't good news, you could already see the gleam of light shining on Dally's smirking face.

"Freezing out here." Ponyboy said rubbing his arms. "Why didn't you bring a jacket stupid?" Dally asked him. "I forgot I guess." "You wanna use my jacket?" You asked unwrapping your jacket from around you waist. You don't know why you were asking, you knew you were freezing but anything for your best friend I guess.

"Nah you wear it, you look cold." Pony told you as you shrugged and put in on. Dally pulled out a cigarette and lit it near the red headed girl in front of you as her friend giggled. You wrapped you jacket around you even tighter and watched as the scene was about to unravel.

"Some cute redhead huh?" He asked Pony, he didn't respond. "Are you a real red head...?" Dally asked talking into the side of the girls face. You rolled your eyes knowing the girl would probably let him treat her like crap. You didn't hate Dally you just hated the way he acted sometimes, one day you'd always hope another lady besides you would put him in his place.

She ignored him but something must've bothered Johnny because he spoke up, "C'mon Dal." He said. "Are you real?" Dally asked her. He must've sounded drunk the way his questions didn't make sense . He sat back in his seat but fell over causing you to giggle and Ponyboy to laugh, looking dead at the camera that was filming him. (Just kidding guys, but fun fact that part of the movie was NOT in the script! That's why when Matt fell over on accident Tommy looked straight into a camera and laughed.)

"How can I found out if this is your real red hair? If it's the same hair...on your eyebrows?" Dally asked once he got back up, getting in her personal space again. At this Johnny sat up, "Cut it out Dal." Johnny said to him. At this Dally sat back and hesitated a bit before putting his feet up on her chair. "Get your feet off my chair and shut your trap." She told Dallas as you raised your brows in shock.

"Who's gonna make me, huh?" He asked her. "I'm going to get a coke." Johnny said standing up. As much as you wanted to see what was going to happen next, you decided it was best to leave too. "I'll go with you Johnny." You said standing up as well. "Leave her alone Dal. Johnny get me one too." Pony had said to Johnny before you two left.

You had walked with Johnny to the the area where they sold cokes and popcorn. You guys hadn't said anything before you broke the silence, "So what do you think of the movie so far Johnnycake?" You asked him as he kicked a rock. Johnny shrugged, "I don't know, nothing too special going on anyways. Besides kind of hard to pay attention with Dally and that girl going at it." You chuckled and nodded. 

You were going to reply but you were interrupted by that Twobit sounding laugh again. You had looked over to the parking lot where Twobit had been slapped by a girl he was messing with. He was laughing though. Once he saw you too he waved, "HEY! Johnny! Y/N!". He was adorable but drunk. 

Once you two got in line for cokes it seemed as if Johnny had warmed up to you. Not that you two weren't already getting along but these days it took Johnny a little bit more to talk. 

"Hey...y/n?" Johnny started as you shifted your attention to him, "Did you come up here because you thought I was scared?" Johnny asked you as your shook your head. "C'mon Johnny you know me better than that. Besides your tuff all by yourself you don't need me...I just thought it'd be best to get my own coke that's all." You barely punched his shoulder as Johnny nodded. 

"C'mon now you know me better than that Johnnycake." You chuckled grabbing his hand as he gripped back. You were so focused on Johnny that you didn't hear the constant whispering of a couple Soc girls behind you. And once you finally did you looked behind Johnny, glaring at a brunette girl. 

"Got something to say? How about you say it to my face?" You said to her getting defensive. She looked shocked and confused even scared, almost. "Oh no, that's not what we meant," she said looking back at her blonde friend, "We just though you two looked cute together." She finished as her friend nodded eagerly. 

"Oh." You said, dropping Johnny's hand. He turned around to grab your coke's and nudged you to follow him back to your seats. "My bad...and we're not together." You said to her walking backwards, only turning back around to see where you were going.

When you got back to your seats you found Ponyboy talking to the red head. "Here's your coke Pony." Johnny said giving it to him. "Thanks." Pony said taking a sip. "Where's Dally?" You asked him. "Oh I don't know...he just walked off." 

"Hey why don't I see Soda at school anymore?" The girl with short hair asked Pony. At this you sat up, why should she care about Pony's personal life. The red headed girl looked as if she was going to say something before Dally showed up with a bunch of cokes. At this she turned back around. 

"He's a dropout." Pony replied to the girl. "Oh," she continued, "Has he been working full time since your parents died?" She asked. At this you sat up straight about to say something smart to the girl before Pony put his hand on your leg to let you know not to speak. You shuffled around in your seat but continued to shoot daggers at this girl. 

Dally handed another soda to Pony, then the girl with the short hair, and then the red head. "Here maybe this'll cool you off." He said sitting next to the red head. You watched as she threw the soda at Dally's face, "Maybe that'll cool you off till you learn to be decent you hood!" She shouted. You knew this wasn't a good sign, no one disrespects Dally.

You watched as Dally put his hands around her and smiled as she struggled to pull away, "Fiery huh? I like 'em fiery." He said smirking, but you could see right past that smile. You knew he was angry. This wasn't going to end well.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀