SIX

"Why am I up for an award?" I questioned Eddie, standing across from his desk with my arms crossed

I was at his agency firm later in the day. And after the sudden bad night I had experienced, I was in no mood to dance around the only reason I bothered showing up to this crummy place for a star like me.

I thought I had been so careful with those sinful nightmares for a year now.

But I guess since that stupid award announcement somehow and for some reason...it just waltzed back into my head. Though I wasn't weak anymore like I used to be about it. 

So fine. If it wants to come, let it. I would just ignore it easily the best I could.

"Uh...I don't think that's the statement one would usually says to this type of news." Eddie shrugged timidly, rummaging through his drawers.

He knew what I meant. I couldn't think of any way that this made sense, considering I was apparently on pretty much everyone's hate list. "Come on Eddie! Don't get cute with me. I thought the world despised my great name."

"Correction—the fans who spend their hard earned money at the theater love ya. Your peers and the press are the ones that typically hate the ground ya walk on. But that's why they picked us! To get a rise out of everyone toward if ya win or not. Keep those anticipating for more—which means more buzz around the show." He explained. I flashed a bit of confused glare. "I know! Ain't showbiz just crazy like that?!" I snickered and rolled my eyes. Yeah. They made no sense naturally all the time. "You're up against Charlie Chaplin and Clara Bow—but we both know those two will be nothing but temporary duds in the world of movies over time." He continued. 

I know Charlie quite well. He's a funny man who always liked to be the highlight of any bash. But for Clara on the other hand, she was just happy to be here. Her bubbly personality was just too much for me.

"But hey! I got that line of potential assistants you wanted. See?! Aren't I the bee's knee's after all?!" He said happily, taking a stack of papers out.

Not really. He could get a bunch of them all he wanted, but it didn't ever do me any good at finding someone who wasn't going to just bail when the going got tough.

"Forget about it. I'm starting to think I should just do all the work like always, instead of wasting my time with people I already know I don't like and haven't met."

"What? But I practically bent over backwards for ya to get these people to even apply—given your lack of people skills." He informed me with a surprised expression.

"Well I changed my mind so deal with it!"

He then grunted, sighing loudly. Oh please, after the night I had he should be the last person who was stressed here. 

"Look, I get it. You're beginning to lose some faith in me and people but-"

"No, I've been lost faith in everything but my success, good looks, and talent. That's got nothing to do with my decisions..." I murmured defensively. But I guess he heard it too, snickering and staring at me bitterly as if he didn't believe me. I didn't care. I didn't have to prove myself to no one.

"Please Miss Singh. With all due respect, now that this news has been out to the public, we have no time to change anything. The press will have a circus with ya about it and ya know it! So I truly insist we need to get someone new and fast who can easily get the job done." He pleaded.

I groaned, not feeling too keen on listening to him about this either. I knew he was kinda right. But I still didn't want to. Soon however, I suddenly heard a surge of voices and what sounded like a great crowd down below.

Chanting my name?

Staring at the other taken by surprised, I raced over to the window and opened it to see exactly what I suspected. The press and paparazzi appearing like rabid wild animals just to get my attention while holding their big and obnoxious cameras.

"Miss Singh! Down here! Ma'am! What do you have to say about word on your new nomination?!" A rare female reporter spoke out, with her big flashing camera in my face.

Ugh, I hated asking me questions all the time that I didn't know how to answer yet. "No comment!" I shouted back, about to close back up.

"Are you just as shocked as the rest of Hollywood, ma'am?!" Another one asked me.

I tilted my head out again, now fully annoyed. "Hey moron! If I said no comment to the bug-eyed Betty, I'd look like a real bum wipe by acknowledging your pasty and pathetic existence, now wouldn't I?!" Both reporters then grew pale with embarrassment.

Good. They deserved it.

Slamming the window finally and fully down, rowdier noises came following shortly behind. Although facing Eddie who was shamefully shaking his head down and to himself—perhaps I didn't exactly handle that correctly. Oh well.

Usually my assistants handled press questionnaires like that, so I didn't get pushed to the brink. 

But after a little stunt just now like mine...I knew what I had to do in the end.

"Give me that list." I sighed as he soon grinned, doing as told.

I could only imagine the next poor sap that would have to put up with me.

   🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥

I can only imagine who that will be too, Victoria! ;)

See ya next time!