TWENTY TWO

Blazing through the jam-packed streets, passing everyone in traffic, for once my hair was blowing in the wind and the fresh air consumed me, and a genuine smile came across my face

Luckily since he had to keep his eyes on the road at all times, Danny couldn't catch a glimpse of the rare sighting and only heard the sounds of my surprise screams.

As much as it pained me to say this...he was actually right. Being here with him now was making me feel like the good old days. Like at the lounge, when the only thing I needed to worry about was if I got a table's order right.

I was more amazed though on how he knew to do it.

I'd always thought that as the years went by with our time apart and more women kept flocking to him, he wouldn't remember how I liked doing something many considered risky and out there. A chance to let my worries fade away before it returns later.

But just as life would always have it, the fun had to soon come to an end as I glanced ahead and I was back at my mansion's front gate.

"And...we did it!" Danny shouted out happily.

Oh man. I must've been in so much of a daze that I barely said a word. My other drivers would've sure loved that. "Wait, already?! But we just got started!" I pointed out, as he got off the bike and helped me to do so next.

"Ah hah, you see! I told you it would be nothing but a breeze! And I can see that you did enjoy it after all. So right about now, I should hear the words—thank you Danny. You're so perfect Danny. And my all time favorite, Danny if only all the men in the world were just like you." He told me with a smug grin.

I rolled my eyes, slightly giggling. "More like, you're so delusional Danny. And besides, what makes you believe I even cared much for it?"

Staring at me closely, he held up the back of his index finger to my probably puffy and red cheek from all the high-powered wind that thing could give. Letting out the only thing that brought me back to another place of happiness.

"Because you're smiling again." He bit his lip down, starting to caress my face gently.

Immediately becoming flushed and slightly blushing by accident, I could've sworn he was trying to get something off my face that I didn't see—but definitely didn't expect that.

A sudden rush of the butterflies I had once felt when he said it the first time, was making me more titillated than uncomfortable.

"And let me guess. Is it now one of the worst you've ever seen?" I knowingly uttered.

But yet, instead of agreeing with me like any other ex-boyfriend normally would—he confidently shook his head without a second to lose. "Actually...it's still the opposite."

Though as I peered my eyes toward his—that oddly began sparkling again like the stars in a midnight sky, I was astonished by such a response. Even though it was probably just another Lounge Lizard move he always made with his other little dames, I still enjoyed hearing someone say something at least nice about me.