THIRTY EIGHT

I was unable to fight against the smoke or flames any longer—not that I was even doing a bang up job at it already

I was unable to fight against the smoke or flames any longer—not that I was even doing a bang up job at it already. Those statements however, were the only things that were keeping me from trying to leave.

If I could just save even half of them. A piece of them. A glimpse of them.

Who cares if I didn't make it out? Levi, Shelly, and Ivy were amazing and I would miss them incredibly much, but eventually they would move on with their lives without me—like Danny was gonna do again. Even Eddie would find another client somehow —despite what he may have thought. Someone easier to manage and deal with.

I was just probably in the way at this point.

I have to come up with a plan to grab what I can, dash to the door, throw them out where the fire wasn't going to consume them, and they would be fine.

Yes, it was time for me to finish my final act.

Trying to maintain my coughing fits, I began to attempt my very best in reaching the room by reaching out my hands—hoping it would lead me to the correct way. Although the second I could feel the heat rising and my hand on the door, I suddenly felt a pair of different ones capturing my waist and raced me outside.

The instant sound of fire trucks, police, and of course the onlookers began to ring through my ears. A familiar scent even started to rush up my nose, as I continued to cough but knew exactly what was going on.

"No! Danny! Let me go! I have to go back in there!" I cried out.

"Are you insane?! No, Victoria I'm not letting you out my sight! Why the devil didn't you get out while you had the chance! Do you really think anything will be solved the right way, if you just off yourself?!" He shouted to me full of compassion and concern, like he could still tell me what to do.

He had some nerves. Aside from the sweet sound of his beautiful voice being so close to me again, I knew I had made it clear I didn't want him to come near me anymore. What part of that didn't he understand?

"Please! It's not like that! I didn't do this! But I have to save them! You don't get it!" I kept trying to pull him away from me—but nothing was working. 

His grip was surely not daring to listen to me. "What's there to get?! What does this house have that's worth more than your life?!"

"Their happiness! Those women just want to be happy again! They don't want to be in pain anymore, like me! I know! Danny, if I let them get destroyed—they'll never have their voice back! Please! Let me make them happy!" I screamed now with more urgency. Quickly stopping all movements for a moment, he had placed me down calmly, gazing at me with his sparkling and worried eyes I vowed I wouldn't get lost in again, but found myself doing so anyway. "I have to do this! No one deserves to suffer in silence anymore! I can help!"