TWENTY NINE

I, Daniel Collins had a shocking announcement to make

The bachelor life was feening and I had officially relinquished my place in that sort of world and lifestyle—for one exceptional reason.

I was in love with Victoria Singh...again.

I know it was crazy. Outlandish. Completely screwy given the reason for us being 'just friends' this time around for the sake of her current mental state. Not to mention, my 'scandalous' story I still had to write.

But at least I could take care of one of those things.

After our eventful time at the party where all her professional peers pretty much made a mockery of her great and beautiful name, way more than as her ex ever did—like they even truly knew her, I was livid. So much, something in me like a switch just triggered away and off and I was back to being hopelessly devoted to only her.

It was an action of my own doing. A trap I knew I'd fall back into eventually deep down inside, and in the back of my mind. I just didn't want to admit it. After all, under my knowledge she was the one who two timed me.

But now, seeing her so scared, selfless, and a wreck before and after the biggest douche and psychopath I'd ever seen, Jack, walked back into our lives and she explained to me what that criminal did to my sweet and kind woman...I wanted to make him regret the day he ever even looked at her.

I hated him. I hated the ground he walked on. I hated his voice. I hated his face. I hated everything he ever stood for.

I wanted to ring his neck, punish him for all the trouble and pain he had caused making Victoria suffer. Making her seem like she had been the one who was crazy and off the grid because of her own choice, not because of what he enacted and forced her into. The way he raped her!

I could kill the twit myself if I was given the chance to. But for my strong and brave Victoria for even telling me at all...she pleaded for me to not.

Ugh, even just trying to imagine what they appeared to have done and how it all went down made me sick to my stomach as well. It only made it worse finding out she called for me as her rescue...and I wasn't there.

More so than my own troubles and worries, the more I kept receiving letters and phone calls of Nate 'bumping' into Moon again on what seemed like a regular basis nowadays. I just hope he didn't fall off his own grid soon. I couldn't live with myself knowing harm would get to the love of my life and my best friend—both slipping right through my fingers. 

I had to take care of it all somehow, but I did have a plan. 

One that I wouldn't even need to make up an insane scoop on her, and one that would bring justice to anyone who had been suffering too. This story was my true calling. My ticket to not only a better job, but a way to make a change into this cynical industry. To expose the real world of Hollywood.