NINETEEN

Taking a tour of the new and improved 'Hollywood Lounge' storage turned dressing room, I was already becoming impressed with Miss Hart by the second

The energy of the joint was so immaculate.

Fresh new green velvet carpet and various forms of costume changes for I'm guessing each performance she did. It was definitely simple compared to my usual demands on my own on sets, but I loved everything about it.

To make this experience even more delightfully pleasing, there was a song playing on a record in the back.

A voice I had never heard before that sounded so angelic and beautiful.

"Is this a track from a new artist?" I asked her.

Ivy then giggled, shaking her head as she sat down on the couch that was also here, beginning to sip a cup of tea. "Well, it is a new track. Although, a new artist is a bit of a stretch to say the least."

"Really? And why is that?"

She smiled proudly. "Um...well, it's one of my own songs. Really, it's one of me and Levi's new songs. A year ago we made an agreement with each other that if I sang, he'll write and together we'll try to make it in the music biz."

I raised my left eyebrow up now, truly intrigued. I couldn't believe that he managed to showcase his skills even further than I initially thought.

"Ah hah! So you do want to be discovered, I see." I smugly grinned.

"I mean, of course we did. Who wouldn't want to? Hollywood seems pretty amazing from a distance. The fans, the publicity, the money. Ain't that everyone's dream?" She innocently questioned.

Staring out into space, it used to be. "Well not everybody's...." I secretly muttered sadly. "But I'm sure one day you will. If you know how to deal with it all that is. There's gotta be someone out there who will bring you to that path, right?"

"Right." She sighed, before shrugging shamefully. "But after everything that's happened...we're just not sure who to trust anymore."

Baffled, I slowly lifted my head up to her, unsure what that meant either.

But my god...it sounded awfully familiar. "Trust?"

Now with a look of a pleading cry, she stared at me nodding. "Oh gosh. Levi didn't tell ya yet, did he?"

Wait a minute, what? Me? Why?

"Tell me? Tell me what?"

Sucking through her teeth, she smiled. "Miss Singh...ya being here must be a gift sent from heaven. We've been wanting to reach out to ya, but we just didn't know how to get in contact."

"I-I-I don't understand. We?" I was truly baffled.

She simply continued on calmly. "Levi and Rochelle thought ya may be able to assist on what I experienced. Said ya might have resources that we could never. If you're ever so willing, I do need some answers just to know from someone else that I may not be the only one." I attentively listened without uttering another word or made another movement. What did she mean by that? "A year ago, a talent scout came to this lounge trying to make me famous. His name is Jake Johnson. Ya may have known his brother, Jack. Is that true?"