TEN

1923

1923

Tonight was the night.

The night all my dreams were sure to come true after several interviews I had to do to finally get hired to work for the LA times—well, in the mailroom that is.

I couldn't wait to finally tell ToriBelle the grand news and hold her sexy body so close to mine like always, embracing her with the most satisfying night of her life.

The things that woman could make me do to her once I kept hearing her say my name in such sweet symphonic screams and whispers, consuming my ears with her soothing warm breath.

But not before I got to the main reason this date night would truly be unlike the rest.

Better than the times we spent hours exploring each other's limits and power. Better than the moments we watched a silent film together at a few picture palaces—dreaming of the day she would shine bright like the other stars when she became a rich and famous actress, and even better than us snuggling up together so perfectly before we wandered off into fantasyland together. Her gentle heart lays on my chest nicely and we forget all about the world and our problems—knowing how lost we'd like to get into each other's sparkling eyes while our two souls intertwine.

Yes tonight, I would finally do what I had been thinking about now for weeks after our first date.

I was gonna ask Victoria Singh to marry me.

I love her more than the air I breathed. More than myself. She'd make me the happiest man on earth. It would be the greatest honor of being her husband and wake up next to her every morning. She was the one. 

For right now however, I just had to wait until she arrived.

Though she was running a bit late.

That almost never happened whenever she knew we would be meeting up again. But she did have more things on her plate now since that talent scout reached out to her.

Parties, compliments, and promises he made that she could get by being under his wing. I went to all of the events of course with her, but some things she preferred to do on her own.

However my heart became full again, the moment the creek of the door opened to the private restaurant I had used the last of my illegal bootlegging money to use—along with the ten grand engagement ring in my back pocket.

And right before my very eyes, there she was.

Standing in front wearing a sexy sequined long red dress complimenting all her finest assets that I loved to touch my hands all around.

Her soft fair skin that almost looked so forbidden to even look at, her silky and sweet flapper hair that scented like delicious strawberries, and those plumped red marked lips...man, I'd like to make her mine right now.