SIXTEEN

Driving through the streets of LA while trying my best to recover from the terrible experience of having the pleasure of being on the 'Rick & Marty Radio Show,' I kept glancing back in front to watch Danny from afar

He had been awfully quiet since our little disagreement and had been in what seemed like deep thought over something. Though I had far too much on my own mind as it is to dwell on it now.

"You're going the wrong way." I uttered out, observing my surroundings.

We were scheduled to head back to my house, where I could be left in peace to digress from the eventful day until I had to meet back on set. Though by the peering around me, it was an entirely new direction that appeared rather dare I say—beautiful, compared to the bustling streets I normally took to get there.

It was a long road for sure. But the full spread of greenery and fields of wondrous flowers that I had never noticed the city even produced...it was so peaceful.

"No we're not. I'm just taking a scenic route to the mansion." He finally spoke.

No kidding. "Oh really? And did I specifically ask for this...scenic route?"

It was like he couldn't do any job correctly I gave him. He was a terrible assistant and now a terrible driver. I'm surprised dating me was astronomically better.

"Nope! But I figured maybe you wouldn't mind it since you clearly need to relax. Luckily for us, I take this way all the time whenever you call asking for double shots of espresso or whatever else you practically patronize me for."

It was like this man hardly had any filter when speaking with me. Oddly I was for some reason still accepting it...and kinda not minding either deep down inside, after a while.

I smirked, rolling my eyes and muttering. "No wonder why you're always so late."

He let out a sly snicker. "For your information, what I actually drive is not some swanky car like this...or a car at all. So yes, it does take a bit longer for me to get to you from wherever I go. Sorry everyone isn't rich and famous like you, and can buy whatever they want at any time. Just relax and think of it as some sort of shortcut."

"Oh! So now I'm a bad navigator?" I asked, becoming offended.

"Don't be ridiculous. I think you're a lot of things. But bad navigator is the nicest of those opinions. Trust me." He grunted.

"I don't trust anyone." I pointed out, crossing my arms.

"Well, how do you think I feel?" He fired back, halfway turning to me and chuckled in an almost disdain tone.

I didn't have time for these foolish tit for tats right now. Of course I'm always gonna be the one to blame for what happened, but look at him now. He was living the life he truly always wanted all along. So really he should be thanking me in a way if anything.