ELEVEN

PRESENT DAY-1926

PRESENT DAY-1926

Just thinking of that gut wrenching night the last times I saw Danny, I wanted to break out into tears all over again.

I never believed since then I deserved to be truly happy after all I'd done to him.

Trust was like a piece of paper. Once someone folds it up, it could never be exactly the way it was before. Sadly though, I was that someone.

He seemed so broken, mishandled, and betrayed.

But seeing the dashing man he came to be after all those years...it was like none of it mattered anymore to him. Though hey, if he wanted to turn over a new leaf—I would surely do the same.

However, I don't think the new perfected Victoria Singh was much of a blast either.

Yet, I wasn't gonna keep dwelling on the past further anymore anyway—even if a slight feeling of guilt erupted in my body. I'd just move on and appreciate the sophisticated and successful starlet I always knew I could be.

That was more important now either way.

"Miss Singh? Miss Singh!" I heard one of the set runners calling out my name very faintly.

Breaking out of my moment of silence and coming back to, I squinted my eyes while peering around me to see where I had been the whole time I was in deep thought.

Back on set. Right in the middle of a very crucial scene. Clearing my throat feeling rather a bit ashamed of my lack of focus right now, I flipped my hair back out of my eyes like nothing had been wrong.

"What?! Why is everyone looking at me? I know my talent shines brighter than the sun that wakes you fools up in the morning, but you're starting to embarrass yourselves more than you already do." I let out in a snappish tone.

Everyone around me then groaned and rolled their eyes, heading back to the usual way they thought of me.

Pure hate. Good.

"Ma'am, we were just waiting for you to do the next action. We're at the scene where you've been discovered—but wait! Your shoe is stuck in the middle of the road on your way to get to your first day on set while the music plays! Then, you begin to say-" The runner started to explain to me again, as I tried to listen attentively.

But I simply couldn't. Speaking of first days on set, something was missing right now.

"Where the devil is that dang new assistant?! He was supposed to be by now with my coffee order! When?! By the time Calvin Coolidge gets out of office?!" I shouted.

I couldn't function without it and had been up literally every hour through the night, just so I didn't have enough time to experience another strange night.

Quickly, everyone began to scram on the hunt for him as the ring of the set alarms for a take five went off.

Danny had better be somewhere in this building. I gave him what he wanted after he practically got on his hands and knees for it. Now, the least he could do for a token of appreciation is to do it right.