EIGHT

SLAM!

SLAM!

I placed my favorite and specialized coffee from the local cafe on the table, glaring out into thin air while sitting in one of their oakwood chairs.

We had rented the space out so no one could get closer to me and ruined my mood than it already was. Though thank God no one else would be coming for the next hour however except for the selected bunch I'd invited—not that I even wanted to see them.

But luckily, at least I was assured that I didn't have to be tested further in getting upset over anyone that would be in my way.

I couldn't believe Eddie had talked me into this mess.

I had much better things to do like anything else. But yet, here I was doing the one thing I dreaded more than anything in the world—knowing how this could honestly turn out.

"Are ya ready?" I heard Eddie now call out from behind me.

Turning to face him, I looked out toward the window to see a surge of people rushing up to glass and trying to gain access inside. Cameras were flashing from the paparazzi once again, but to my slight joy—fans were out front too, wanting to also observe my every move.

"Miss Singh! Will you sign my baby's hand?! I love you so much!" One woman shouted out holding her small child, nearly in tears by my presence.

I did want to sign autographs for the people who had stuck with me this long. They were at least the few I did tolerate and liked to an extent. But for right now, I couldn't.

"Miss Singh?! What criteria would one need to be your new assistant? Us fans would like to know!" Another one shouted next.

I could answer that. They just needed to be actually smart.

But as promised to Eddie, I had to swear not to speak my mind or do any interactions with others until we found a replacement, if I wanted to see this whole award thing through, without any new surprises and chaos looming.

So without uttering another word to anyone else but the potential candidates that were lined up in the back employee room...I did have to answer him.

"You mean I am ready to have my former free afternoon completely wasted? No."

"Atta girl! That's the spirit." He yelled, grinning before signaling for the girls who already didn't look any better than the last ones.

"Let's just get this over with..." I groaned, leaning down in my seat.

Here we go again.

🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥

Fifty five minutes later...I was completely right.

Though it wasn't as awful as I thought, I surely had my few share of the bad weeds throughout the field of those who Eddie informed were the only ones who promised they could work with me and my special needs.