THIRTY

Oh, how I longed to be anywhere else but here right now

I clearly had plans of my own that mattered more than any of this, but did that matter to the people I was supposed to call my friends? No.

This entire charity event was becoming such an endless drag, that I felt I was nearing to lose actual brain cells. But on the plus side, I did have a special guest with me that made this entirely the opposite of boring.

Especially after his incredible plan I couldn't wait to see carried out.

Since my confession, every day felt so good to have my voice finally heard on what truly happened to me all those years. Thanks to Danny, I didn't have to walk around with a life changing secret I didn't have to face on my own anymore.

It was calming. It was nearly perfect.

"Here is our infamous steak and cheese entree for the night! And don't worry Miss Singh, per your constant request I made sure to tell the chef to only use only half of the sauce." The waitress that had been hosting us said, happily sitting down two trays covered up with a silver top.

Unveiling the grand reveal, Danny grinned with a look in his eyes that showed just how hungry he was, until it quickly fell when he finally saw how ridiculously small the piece of steak actually was. Oh, he had no idea how much these people around here fed us like we were baby birds and not humans. If I wanted to diet, I would have done it by now.

Looking down to mine however, I could see that what she had promised though wasn't done at all. Though judging by the worried and fearful look she now plastered on her face...this interaction was going to be interesting.

"Oh my gosh. I don't understand why he didn't listen! Miss Singh, I am so sorry ma'am! I will fix this right away, I promise. Please don't fire me again! This is the second job I had this month!" She cried out.

Wow. I must've been much worse than I thought. I don't remember firing her at all.

"Oh uh-" I tried to piece together a proper response, that wouldn't make me come off like an even bigger jerk.

But before I could let out a thing, someone else decided to do the job for me. "Don't worry about that Miss, it's a very simple change that really doesn't need to be necessary. She'll just take this as is. Thank you." Danny confidently spoke.

Staring at him in a shocked and confused state for a moment, he just simply looked at me with a stern but wildly sexy scowl.

This man sure had a way of making my hormones burst into an erratic frenzy. Wait, I mean no! I'm certain just friends don't think of each other like that.

"I'm sorry, but you don't understand sir. Miss Singh is not usually one to make do with mediocre hospitality. This I know." She replied.

How I just loved when others thought for me in how I would react. I promised that they didn't have to make a big fuss like this. I had hung up my 'poisonous viper' cape for now, and didn't plan on returning to it for as long as I lived...within reason.