Chapter fourteen

Watching the winter sun slowly rise more was always a beautiful sight. The orange glow blushed on Dani's skin as she tied her hair up into a ponytail with an elastic that she wore on her wrist from the day before. She adjusted the same sweatshirt she wore the night before, making sure it was lying flat on her body.

"There's some food downstairs- oh, Dani!" Gustav shouted to Bill, assuming he was there. He was happy to see her, the two were slowly becoming friends the more and more they walked home from school.

"Hey, Bill's just getting changed in the bathroom." She smiled sleepily

"Cool, well there's food downstairs if you'd like some. School's back today, just in case you forgot. " He smiled and closed the door, assuming she was about to change out of her clothes when Bill walked back into his room. Dani walked over and hugged him loosely. 

"I really don't want to go back today." She moped, Bill running his hand through her hair.

"Then don't, I'm not going back. I have stuff to sort out for the band."

"I'm staying here with you then. Do you mind if I borrow a shirt though?" She asked as she moved her head to the side.

"Not at all, you know where they are." She pulled away and smiled.

"Thank you, baby" She cooed, making him smile.

"Don't worry about it" He kissed her forehead and walked out. She picked out one of his band shirts, placing it over her head. It was almost like a short skintight dress, and it looked really good on her. Despite being a normal-fit shirt, it hugged her curves in all the right places.

She headed downstairs, finger-combing her hair while entering the kitchen. Georg was on the couch while Tom was cooking. Or at least, trying to. 

"Hey, grab whatever you want," Tom said, trying desperately to not burn whatever he was cooking in the pan.

She just grabbed some water, thanked him, and sat down perpendicular to Georg. He just nodded at her and gave a half-smile. 

"Bill not down yet?" He asked as Dani adjusted her shirt.

"I thought he was already down here, but I guess not."

He hummed a response and Dani took a sip of her water. The room felt awkward, and that made Dani think Georg didn't like her very much. However, Gustav flashed her a smile, walking over to the couches and sitting next to her. 

"Oh yeah, Bill told me you were in the school musical this year! That's really cool!" Gustav smiled and Dani felt the awkwardness with Georg disappear from the air. 

"Yeah! I'm playing the main character. You should come and see it!" 

"That means you sing, right?" Tom yelled from the kitchen leaving them confused as to how he heard them from across the house.

"Yeah!" She yelled back in the same tone, making Georg smile.

A comfortable silence filled the air, which was followed through until Bill came downstairs looking quite happy and bubbly as usual.

"What?" Tom asked, confused at Bill's expression.

"We have an interview tonight!"

"Cool! Big interview or a small one?" Gustav shouted through the house.

"A good 1000 people expected in the studio! They want to talk to us about the 'Scream' album." Bill yelled back as he walked through the house. He found his phone and sat next to Gustav, Tom sitting on the arm of the chair Georg was sitting in. 

"Is this your first American interview?" Dani asked, leaning on the back of the couch.

"Must be, yeah" Georg replied, keeping an eye on Tom to make sure he doesn't randomly start hitting him.