Chapter twenty-four

"Come on girls, we have some fabulous outfits we have to make for our Dani!" Samara squealed as she ran into the mall, the three other girls following her.

"Where should we go first?" Dani asked, a little flattered that they were helping her.

"How much money you got?" Natalie teased, holding Monique's hand.

"Around $200, I pulled some of my savings." Dani smiled and Samara dragged her hand.

"We're going to Corenni's first then!" She smiled and the four girls ran across the mall. Corenni's was a small outdoor shop owned by a sweet local woman who handcrafted all her dresses. In the middle of the store was a vast workbench, often with fabric draped across aswell as cutouts of tracing paper.

"It's so good to see you again!! Who am I working for and what do you need?" The store owner was a sweet old woman from Western Africa who knew her way around a sewing machine.
She wore her hair in a tight natural afro and was always seen in a patterned flowy dress, often extremely colourful. She always talked about her children, and her name was Indigo although she insisted everyone call her Auntie.
The four girls were frequent customers for formal dances.

"It's for Dani this time!" Natalie sang as the girls smiled.

"Ooh nice, what occasion?" Indigo poked while wrapping her tape measure around Dani's body, writing her measurements down on her hand.

"Going on tour with my boyfriend." She smiled and the girls all gasped.

"BOYFRIEND?" Natalie shouted, and Dani realised what she had done. She actually had never told them.

"Y-Yeah" She stuttered out and Natalie grabbed her hands.

"Is it that Bill Kaulitz?" She cooed and Dani nodded while blushing.

"Oh my god! Congrats Dani!" Monique smiled and hugged her, to which the girls (including Indigo) hugged her.

"Are you an artist too now?" Samara asked, and Dani nodded again, both of them squealing.

"Do you have any concept art?" Indigo said as Dani took out her notes from her handbag.

"Not yet Auntie, but I have notes on my character." She said, handing the papers to Indigo while she pulled up her reading glasses from her neck.

"Ah yes, yes, you will be fabulous! Come, come." Indigo ushered her over to her workbench and pulled out an A3 sketchbook.

"You say you want to be a child, yes? Big ruffles, white and pink my girl." She laughed at the end of her sentence along with the girls. Indigo was such a comforting woman, and all the girls loved her dearly.

"Come back in one hour, okay? I have ideas. You have virgin hair, yes? Go dye it, split in half. One side black normal, one side pink." Indigo poked at her hair, fluffing it. 

"Oh my god, Auntie you're a genius! We'll be back soon!" Samara hugged Indigo and all the girls ran to the hair salon a few shops down. 

"WHERE IS DARIUS." Natalie screamed and a tall man with bleach-blonde hair and pink highlights came rushing over. 

"Hello, my lovelies! Who is mine and what can I do today?" His voice wasn't high, more flamboyant. There was only one word to describe him: Fabulous.

"Dani needs a split dye, stat!" Natalie walked Dani over to the chairs, and Darius brushed out her hair.

"Ooh, dramatic change, what's the occasion?"

"Going on tour with my boyfriend while writing my own music." Dani smiled and Darius gasped, clicking his fingers