𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘖𝘧 𝘗𝘰𝘱𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘺

Marinette Dupain-Cheng couldn’t help the dreadful feeling in her stomach as she watched her classmates swarm around the gum stained cafeteria table

She hadn’t felt that way since she last fought Hawkmoth. A bitter man until the end when Ladybug and Chat Noir took him down one year ago. One windy night in a rose garden he was on his knees, the menacing smile cracked across his face brought shivers down her spine. The disgusted look when Chat Noir looked him in the eyes was enough to cement him as a maniacal villain, proud of his actions bastardly misdeeds against the innocent Parisians.

Now she was facing an even bigger villain, an attack on her social life that could knock her outgoing persona as sweet baker’s girl out of the park, a black haired teen billionaire who only seems to draw more attention to himself. Good news for the reputation of Paris’ Elite private school, terrible news for the Miraculous Ladybug and her secret identity.

“Oh my God Marinette, that Damien boy is totally the highlight of the year!” Alya beamed as she twiddled her thumbs across her phone screen, showing her best friend every Google image of Damian Wayne ever taken.

If Alya wasn’t her best friend, she wouldn’t tolerate this level of celebrity worship but who was she kidding. Alya’s dream was to become a top selling freelance journalist so it technically was her job to indulge in such a culture, even though it was really invasive. If the reddish-brown haired girl found out that Marinette was Ladybug, she would tear her apart.

“Yay us! I guess,” she cheered nervously as her right eye twitched.

If you didn’t know who Damien Wayne was, you definitely lived under a rock in the Mediterranean Sea. Hair as dark as night and deep set emerald eyes that could make you swoon. Rumours have it that he rejected being on the cover of Teen Vogue, Marinette could have killed to have her name on the corner of the magazine in Times New Roman, even if the font size had to be 6!

In her bluebell eyes, Damian Wayne was no different from the Paris elite she had to fight off in the school halls. He was going to be another annoying name she needed to memorize in her long list of people to avoid.

“The son of the man who practically owns the Forbes Top 100 Billionaires List is literally walking among us. I absolutely need an interview with him for the Blog. Writing a social profile on the heir of Wayne Enterprises is definitely going to be the first thing every employer is going to see on my resume,” the wavy haired teenage girl chirped as she began pushing Marinette towards the growing crowd.

As the blue head’s futile protest fails on deaf ears, she’s pushed to the front of the herd, unprotected from the camera flashes and whispers of excited teens when she finally realizes that she’s standing directly before him.

“Ugh what do you want, Dupain-Cheng?” Chloé’s spiteful voice rang out as she shoved the poor teen to the side before snaking her own arms around Damien’ s waist.

“Don’t pay attention to that clueless cluster and focus on me Dami-bear,” the blonde sang in a honeyed voice as she fluttered her eyelash extensions at him.

Marinette could feel her stomach sink. It’s only been two hours since he transferred into the school and he already earned himself a cutesy nickname. Yuck!

Just as she was about to make a quick exit to freedom, Damian stood from the bench and made his way towards her. It was at that very moment that her legs chose to freeze.

As the boy extended his hand to her, she shut her eyes instantly, expecting to be on the receiving end of another ‘Hi, I’m rich' lecture.

“Apologies for her rudeness. We haven’t greeted each other yet,” he said in her firm tone.

Marinette’s body went from rigid to fluid. Getting an apology that sounded sincere from a guy she barely knew was nice. The more she opened her eyes to look at him, the more alluring he was becoming.

His toned body and his slightly raspy voice. Not to mention the snug fitting turtleneck and sailor pants on him was somewhat fashion forward. Although she wished it didn’t have to be an all black outfit, she had to give credit where it was due.

“Oh,” Mari said as her face flashed through a fluster. “There’s no need for that, I already know who you are.”

Damian cocked his eyebrow at her before gently grabbing her arm into a long handshake.

“And I already know who you are, Marinette Dupain-Cheng.”

Marinette’s eyes flow out of her head. He couldn’t be serious, could he?

Marinette gave out a nervous chuckle as the handshake stopped. Her mind began to run at a million miles per hour. Not even Chat Noir knew her identity and they had been working as a duo for 4 years. Was this the end of her superhero career? Was she really going to say goodbye to her high school life so soon? She hadn’t even gotten to enjoy her last year of high school yet.

Oh, really?”

“Why yes. You’re the class representative, aren’t you?”

The sigh of relief that escaped from the girl’s lips was blissful. False alarm, she was just overrating but something about his tone didn’t really give off a playful position.

Excusing herself from the boy, Marinette slips out of the crowd and makes a dash for the lockers. Finally catching her breath, the girl made a crucial mental note. Stay The Hell Away From Damian Wayne!