𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘐 𝘛𝘶𝘳𝘯, 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘈 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮

Chloé Bourgeois was fashionably late, a factor that Marinette hates more than anything

After surviving her brush with social death by being in the same vicinity with Lila earlier that morning, her fight or flight instinct told her to flee whenever she made eye contact with her or Alya. So, once more, she was in Damian's seat, and people were starting to ask questions that she didn't want to answer.

Like how Rose kept asking why Alya didn't remind her to hand in her physics homework today or how Nathaniel was passing one worded notes on the corner of his sketches in deep concern as to why she looked so down.

Miss Bustier couldn't make the breakup more obvious by expressing her shock to see Marinette at the front row of the class again.

She had been holding onto her pencil case for dear life the whole with her left hand, and she was going numb from her fingertips to her wrist. In her mind, the only thing she could do was curse Chloé's "the only time is my time" mentality.

The class was seated, with the exception of Damian and Chloé, and within the fourth thirty minute period. That in itself would have been the only complaint that Marinette would have had if the mayor's daughter hadn't burst the door open with her foot and held her nose high as she strutted in.

But it wasn't the thud of the door slamming against the wall that made her drop the case. It was the fact that the black-haired kwami walked in right after her.

Marinette's jaw dropped as the plastic container and its pencils rattled against impact with the floor.

"Wow, who's the new kid?"

Some students stared in awe and wondered, whispers and murmurs filling around in the air as the bluenette picked the case right up from the floor and scrambled to her feet.

"Chloé!" She half yelled before realizing she was right in the middle of class and shifted the attention from Pollen onto herself.

"Oh, how excited I am to see you," her voice stiff as she clasped her hands together in fake joy.

"Chloé, you don't not kick school property and Marinette, I understand how happy you are right now, but please save the noise for after class."

Marinette mouthed a small apology before reclining into her seat, but her eyes were set on the bee kwami. She couldn't be more furious as the blonde crossed her arms and cleared her throat.

"I'm sorry I'm late, Miss Bustier. My hands were full with the new student, and "

"Detention."

"What? That's ridiculous, utterly ridiculous!"

"If you want to argue with the rules, you can go to the principal's office," she said much to Chloé's dismay as she crossed her arms and pouted.

"Apologies for that," the teacher turned to Pollen. "Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?"