𝘎𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘣 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘪𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘙𝘪𝘯𝘨

Marinette scratched the back of her head as Chloé chewed her head off.

"I gave you seven minutes in heaven with the most handsome teenage boy in Dupont history, and you didn't even make a move to ask him out? This is ridiculous! It's utterly ridiculous!"

The bluenette raised her hands in the air in surrender.

"N-nerves got the better of me."

"But, you were talking each other's head off in the hall," Chloé dramatically fell onto her bed.

Sure, they talked, but convincing the notorious Robin to not kidnap your new best friend was challenging when the fact that she was watching them talk was strong enough evidence to justify a crime.

Damian was right, Chloé was in some sense watching her, but her intentions and how she was managing to do so were less than clear. Her breakup with Alya wasn't even public news, yet she used it as an opportunity to get closer to her. Not that she was mad at the blonde. Her specialties lay in gossip, fashion, and abrasion, but in a funny way, she was endearing, and some what protective despite their one day friendship.

But there were bigger fish to fry for her at the moment. With every miraculous user in the city in danger and Blackfire being the one to hint them down, the new Hawkmoth was proving to be crafty. And with what Damian had told her about Lila and Alya having searched through her room, those two could be really hammering home the fact they were looking for Ladybug. She had to be more careful as the new guardian.

"Well, he did mention something about Lila -"

"He's into her?!" Chloé rolled onto her side and raised a clenched fist in the air. "That's it. Damian Wayne is officially on my hit list. I'm going to tell Jean-Pierre to  force him to check out tomorrow morning."

Marinette couldn't help but giggle.

"I thought you were into Damian."

"What?" Chloé's face went straight before she placed her French tip on her honeyed cheek. "I've never put any thought into that before. Me and Damian?"

"Come on," Marinette bounced onto the queen sized bed. "You two would be the ultimate teen power couple of high society. It would be way bigger than Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber."

The blonde tilted her head before blowing a raspberry.

"No way he would go for a girl like me. Don't get me wrong, I'm way out of his league," she twirled her hair around her finger. "But I'm a masterpiece-in-progress."

"Yet you two get along well," Marinette agrued.

"As his tour guide. Damian didn't come to Paris for school. I mean, I hardly pay attention in any class as it is. He's just here to go through the French experience. Every rich American wannabe bad boy goes through that phase where they rebel against their billionaire fathers and run away to Paris to prove they can be independent or whatever. He'll be gone before the month's end, and the next billionaire with daddy or mommy issues will come rolling into our hotel with the same story."

"Wow, that's rough."

Chloé shrugged her shoulders. "You'll get used to it. You parade them around the city for status and fame, get a few pictures where they post the hotel in good light, say ‘Vive la liberté’ and then kick them out when their black and platinum cards start declining." The blonde beamed.

Marinette laughed even harder. " And your Dad just sits back and watches?"

"Well, as the mayor, he's hardly in the hotel to drag them out himself, but before that, he was so into it," she said with a sad smile. "I guess time really does change people as they say."

Even the teen queen of Paris has her sad moments too.

"Then why do you think Damian and I are the right fit for each other? I've never even had a boyfriend, let alone an American one?"

"It's because he's slightly different from the ones I've seen. Sure, he humors me around the hotel, but something about his eyes reminds me of... someone else."

"A former boyfriend?" Marinette swooned.

"No," Chloé rolled her eyes. "Maybe a just a best friend."

Chloé sat up.

"He was kind and cute, and he always smelt like cheese, but that didn't matter because I was one providing the cheese," she exhaled. "But no matter how much I acted so Chloé, for a lack of a better word, he never turned his back on me. He wasn't judgy and mean. He just seemed so sad, just like me. Maybe that's why we became best friends."

The blonde pulled the hair comb out of her hair and  stared at it.

"Maybe that's why I want to be best friends with you, Marinette, because you remind me of him too."

Marinette smiled sweetly at Chloé as she gently placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm glad you feel that way about him. Sometimes, we always seek out the good of one person in other people. That's what makes them so attractive."

Marinette looked down to the ring on her finger.

"Seems like you've had a crush that you can't get rid of. Is that why you wouldn't get your smooch on with Mr. Wayne?"

Marinette fell back onto the bed and covered her face with her arm.

"I would have just asked him out to a nice date in the park, and yes, I do have a crush  on someone else. He pushed me to be a better person. But he kinda just up and left, and I'm afraid he's done something he'll regret by running away."

"He did the same thing to me too," Well, nit the running away part. He promised me that he'll come back someday, yet he hasn't followed through on that. He only let him this golden comb and asked me to find a better friend than him."

The two sat in comfortable silence before Chloé broke the ice.

"It kinda sounds like we have the crush on the same person," Chloé crackled.

"Yeah," Marinette nervously chuckled. "It feels so weird. "

The silence they shared between went awkward. The curiosity was endless. Adrien wouldn't be hanging around Chloé during his time off as Chat Noir would he. Like that would be crazy, but it sounds like such an Adrien thing to do.

"Just to make sure that we aren't being played by the same person. Let's say his name."

"Agreed."

The girls sat up on the bed and faced each other.

"You go first," Chloé prompted.

"Nuh, uh!" The bluenette refused.

"But you suggested it first!" Chloé screeched 

"Yeah, but you started talking about him first!"

"Okay, how about we both say his name at the first time at the count of three."

Chloé nodded and they both began the countdown.

"One. Two. Three...Adrien!"

The pair of girls popped their eyes wide open. This may have been a bad idea.