𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘒𝘪𝘥𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳

The gears in Damian's head were grinding as he replayed the scene at the Butterfly house

Blackfire was looking for Adrien under someone's orders. Well, considering how she's a mercenary, looking is an understatement. That first laser beam that left her hand was meant to kill.

The older boy crossed his arms in his Italian cut suit before telling Hiro to straighten the bowtie or lose it.

"I risk embarrassment every time I go out with you," Damian breathed.

"It's classy," he scoffed. "Besides, I'm officially off-duty, so it's time to play."

Damian rolled his eyes as he walked behind him in the hallway. The younger boy seemed too peppy for a dinner date. It wouldn't be too crazy to believe that the girls in Metropolis saw how much of an annoyance he was.

"Don't get too excited over this one," Damian mocked as the pair entered the hotel's dining hall.

"She's little bossy, from what I've seen. Nothing I can't handle with my boyish charms. A host is a host."

"No, it's because she invited -"

"Dami-bear!" Chloé's voice rang out as she waved him over.

Hiro kissed his teeth and shuffled his feet towards the table.

"Miss Bourgeois," Damian bowed and placed a peck on the back of her hand. "I'm honored to see you this evening."

"You know how to flatter a girl, I'm impressed," the blonde hummed as the boys took a seat.

"But I thought you would be happy to see me," Hiro pouted.

"I'm flattered too," she exhaled, making the boy light up in his seat, "in another universe."

As the Japanese boy deflated onto the table, Damian looked at the empty chair beside Chloé and cocked his eyebrow.

"Are we expecting one more?"

"Yes." She squeaked. "I've managed to invite my best friend to join us tonight."

"Lila seems like a joy," Damian crossed his arms.

"Lila? Don't be ridiculous! That poser-,"she bit her tongue and shook her head. "That girl won't be a bother to anyone anymore. She's going to Panama to play Mother Theresa or whatever."

Chloé placed her hands on the table and leaned forward.

"Now I know you said you're so into gossip Wayne," the blonde whispered, "So I'll let you into a little rumor I heard from...my source."