𝘈 𝘋𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘋𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘛𝘰𝘰 𝘉𝘢𝘥...

"Drink up!" Chloé raised her pink as she brought the china cup to her glossy lips

"Drink up!" Chloé raised her pink as she brought the china cup to her glossy lips. "My Daddy imports the best Kenyan tea in the world. It's like sipping on liquid gold."

Marinette grinned nervously as she brought up her cup to her face with shaky hands. They may have been friends for all of two days, but the chances of being poisoned were close to nil, a chance she was certain of.

Going from sworn enemies to best friends wasn't a bad idea. The more she hung around the blonde, the more she opened her heart to her. It was like finding out that the worst villain of the century ruined the main character's birthday party by showing up because they loved giving presents. Chloé wasn't all too bad.

Admittedly, Marinette was taken aback by Chloé invitation to come over to her place. It was limousine driven to the bakery, and her mother snatched it out of the butler's hand faster than he left.

"Tom!" Her mother summoned her father before her eyes from the pantry. "Marinette's going for a sleepover."

"Mom!" Marinette whined. "You aren't going to just accept this right away?"

"Don't you want to know the taste of their second rate crumpets?" Tom wiggled his eyebrows.

"Ugh, Dad. Only you wanna know that. We can’t be mad that we aren't the main supplier of pastries to the hotel anymore.  Think about the workload!"

"We could have handled it," her mother sighed in Mandarin. "Now all they serve from us is cinnamon buns and macaroons."

"Now, now dear," her husband placed his hands on her shoulders and began massaging them. "We'll get our revenge against the in-house chefs. One day."

Tom sighed much to the mother-daughter pair's worry.

"Maybe I shouldn't go," Marinette raised her hands in the air as she crept to the stairway.

"You aren't getting out of this one, young lady," she said to her daughter's dismay. "This new friend of yours... be careful, Marinette."

She could feel what her mother really meant by that.

"She isn't like that."

"Are you sure? It's no secret how much you detest the mayor's daughter. You used to whine about her throughout elementary and middle school."

"She's over the top, but I think she not that bad of person."

Admittely, Chloé had a repulsive aura around her. Money and popularity were what kept people around her. You could say that she pushed people around with those two factors. Marinette, being the awkward little Ladybug who was learning how to spread her wings, would actively avoid her like the plague.